Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gronk

Ship Upgrades Confusing

2 posts in this topic

I have been a little surprised by some of the upgrades available for some ships. Especially the main guns and torpedoes.

On one ship I upgraded the torpedoes and only get to fire 1 salvo at a time. Yes, there are 5 torpedoes rather than 4, but I would rather fire the 2 salvos of 4 rather than 1 of 5.

Some of the main gun upgrades give shorter range, longer range, less damage, more damage, more barrels, or fewer barrels. I can't find a way to look at anything but the base stats until after I've bought the ship. Sometimes the upgrades do not turn out to be what I actually want for the ship.

Does someone have a list/tree of what the potential upgrades do? I had planned to decide on a nation and set of ships prior to buying everything but I'm not ending up with exactly what I thought I would get.

Dont think there is such list. But you can ask on forum for info on the specific ship and somone may give you info if he has it.

Its not possible to lose torpedo salvo from upgrade. Number of launchers stays the same no matter the upgrade. You may want to check placement of launchers on the ship. For example RN Emerald has two launchers per side and while you can potentialy fire 4 salvos you would have to fire 2 then turn to other side for another salvo.

Same goes for KM emden or SN Chapayev and some other ships

Edited by BrokenVision