phaq

Which Nation for..?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

i´m wondering what nation i should keep with...

funny as it is the same question i had back in 2004 when i started NF1 xD

i played every nation up to lvl 30 now but i simply can´t find a real difference.

Do you have any tips for the nations for me?

Which Nation to play CV? Which for BB, range, rush etc etc...? Which prem ships should i buy and why?

Tell me your experiences please.

Hi there,

First I can tell you all the factions are very balanced, just small details determine their traits so it's hard to choose..

I can share my experience as IJN which is my favorite nation.

IJN: The nation with most weird/interesting ships in my opinion, many of their ships have less hull and speed then other nations counterparts.

Some of their most interesting ships are:

Kitakami CL ( lvl 25 and 800 gold ) with 10 torpedo launchers and up to 50 torpedos to launch if torpedos are upgraded to level 3, it's a very useful ship even if the torpedos do not hit the enemy, as you can force them to turn where your allies can sink them.

Mogami 1944 CA ( lvl 41 and 800k steel ) it's one of the weirdest ships in the game, a CA that can be upgraded to carry 2 squadrons of planes like a CV, very useful and interesting ship, with only 2 squads of planes can't compete with a pure CV but still a very useful ship in the battlefield.

IJN BB's in general are slower and with less hull then other nations counterparts, the Kongo it's the worst lvl 50 BB, Nagato is good lvl 60 BB but only if you buy gold / packs and do not worry spending it ( Nagato cost 1200 gold ) and the B65 which you unlock at lvl 70 it's much better in my opinion ( B65 only cost 1 million steel ). The famous Yamato it's still one of the best BB's in the game for it's level, so I don't think IJN have bad BB's after all.

IJN CV's have less speed then their counterparts, but they have the highest number of planes in the Hiryu lvl 55 and the Akagi lvl 68 CV's. The Kaga lvl 79 it's a let down as other nations CV of this level have higher speed, hull and number of planes. At level 93 you unlock the emperor of the sky, the Shokaku CV has the highest hull and number of planes in the game. In my opinion the IJN CV's are the best in the game but I'm not a great CV player..

IJN SS's  have the worst hull in SS's of all the nations, lack of torpedo launchers in the stern, their big size makes easier to get hit... but they have good speed, the highest dive time in the game and some of them have scout planes. The Kaidai lvl 55 SS have 4 bow torpedo launchers and 2 in the stern. The HEI Type I lvl 68 SS have 8 bow torpedos, I find it excellent to sink BB's and CV's but his lack of stern torpedos make the fights against enemy SS's very hard. The Kai-Kou lvl 79 SS have 6 bow torpedos and 2 scout planes, you can launch them while you're surfaced, when you dive the plane won't be able to land, remember it. The I 400 lvl 93 SS have 8 bow torpedos and 2 scout planes.

Hope my IJN thoughts help you.

I have played U.S, Britain and IJN.  Of the 3 I have played U.S and Britain are far better than IJN in my opinion.  I struggle getting the crews on the IJN ships leveled, both the U.S. and Britain crews were far easier in leveling and Britain being the easiest of them all.  My U.S. Captain is at level 75 and my British Captain is at level 47 and IJN Captain level 46 (For perspective of available ships to me)  My favorite ship so far is the Colorado.  With the crew leveled up to master, the ship is pretty accurate.  It does very well at hitting ships coming directly at you and very poorly against ships running parallel to it.  That is the total of my experience.  Hope it helps.

Hey guys, 

thanks for your experiences. Great to read from IJN view since i love ijn the most :)

So far for me the easiest to play with i KM. Prince Eugen is a beast with good range, super speed / OH time and very fast reload.

Since i want to play CV at high lvl, i really appreciate this post. Thanks again!

On 8/19/2017 at 5:03 AM, Altavilla said:

Hi there,

First I can tell you all the factions are very balanced, just small details determine their traits so it's hard to choose..

I can share my experience as IJN which is my favorite nation.

IJN: The nation with most weird/interesting ships in my opinion, many of their ships have less hull and speed then other nations counterparts.

Some of their most interesting ships are:

Kitakami CL ( lvl 25 and 800 gold ) with 10 torpedo launchers and up to 50 torpedos to launch if torpedos are upgraded to level 3, it's a very useful ship even if the torpedos do not hit the enemy, as you can force them to turn where your allies can sink them.

Mogami 1944 CA ( lvl 41 and 800k steel ) it's one of the weirdest ships in the game, a CA that can be upgraded to carry 2 squadrons of planes like a CV, very useful and interesting ship, with only 2 squads of planes can't compete with a pure CV but still a very useful ship in the battlefield.

IJN BB's in general are slower and with less hull then other nations counterparts, the Kongo it's the worst lvl 50 BB, Nagato is good lvl 60 BB but only if you buy gold / packs and do not worry spending it ( Nagato cost 1200 gold ) and the B65 which you unlock at lvl 70 it's much better in my opinion ( B65 only cost 1 million steel ). The famous Yamato it's still one of the best BB's in the game for it's level, so I don't think IJN have bad BB's after all.

IJN CV's have less speed then their counterparts, but they have the highest number of planes in the Hiryu lvl 55 and the Akagi lvl 68 CV's. The Kaga lvl 79 it's a let down as other nations CV of this level have higher speed, hull and number of planes. At level 93 you unlock the emperor of the sky, the Shokaku CV has the highest hull and number of planes in the game. In my opinion the IJN CV's are the best in the game but I'm not a great CV player..

IJN SS's  have the worst hull in SS's of all the nations, lack of torpedo launchers in the stern, their big size makes easier to get hit... but they have good speed, the highest dive time in the game and some of them have scout planes. The Kaidai lvl 55 SS have 4 bow torpedo launchers and 2 in the stern. The HEI Type I lvl 68 SS have 8 bow torpedos, I find it excellent to sink BB's and CV's but his lack of stern torpedos make the fights against enemy SS's very hard. The Kai-Kou lvl 79 SS have 6 bow torpedos and 2 scout planes, you can launch them while you're surfaced, when you dive the plane won't be able to land, remember it. The I 400 lvl 93 SS have 8 bow torpedos and 2 scout planes.

Hope my IJN thoughts help you.

KM SS's.
SS55: an standard SS a really bad hull so it is easy to get sunk. 4 bow launchers and 1 in the stern.
SS68: hull up to 12k. 4 bow launchers, 2 stern. Autocannon is an issue.
SS79. DON'T GET IT
SS93 (XXI) for me is the best SS in the game. Smallest size, a really strong hull (up 22k). 6 bow launchers and 4 in the stern.  As it is a really small ship is super  maneuverable and you can elude enemy fire at very close range.
Here i live you a video of XXI in action 

Edited by aehtiopicus

Haven't got 1% of the experience with subs compared to aethiopicus (or the skill yet) but from what I've seen with the VIIC (4 bow, 1 stern tube, ~7k hull) subs depend much more to player skill than any other class. The 4 bow tubes do enough damage to sink or cripple any ship except armoured BBs (more on this when I vet the crew) and with good approach and manoeuvring can kill even higher lvl subs.