Davmak

Kai Kou Type need buff?

5 posts in this topic

Most premium ships has equal power as their descendants with lesser hull. In US and UK, SS in level 79, Gato and A Type are not weaker than SS92. Except hull, both of them have equal stats in speed and diving time and even more in the number of launchers. Their CV79 owns over CV92 too.

However, for IJN, SS79 Kai Kou Type is a very weak boat. Although she is smaller in size and has same speed and diving time as I-400, she has only six bow launcher (and zero stern launcher), making it vulnerable to SS fights.

The only reason to use Kai Kou Type is to use its small size to pass through net of sonar. But the reason is not justifiable as it cannot scan dived SSs (okay it has scouts)

In conclusion, Kai Kou Type is weak in SS combat (no stern launchers), is also weak in hunting big ships (only 6 launchers in total). So perhaps the only usage of it is to destroy heavy guns XD. I would discourage players to use gold to buy this premium ship if no buffs are given in future.

Suggested buff on Kai Kou Type maybe:

1) increase sonar range for scouting purpose

2) shorten torpedo reload speed (if increasing number of torps is not allowed)

3) increase ship turn speed and accelerate speed for increase survivability in SS combat (it make sense in physics also if she uses same engine as I-400 but enjoys smaller in size and total weight)

As such Kai Kou Type can be positioned as a compact SS for long range missions. 

Edited by Davmak

Interesting subject, personally I bought the Kai-Kou Type some months ago, when it was available at level 55 for 1500 gold, and I have to agree with your review of it's actual situation. Maybe some months ago being available at such low level ( 55 ) it was interesting, now at level 79 and with it's actual stats..

This SS is NOT worth it nowadays, you come from the level 68 HEI Type I with 9k hull, 163 oxigen and 8 bow launchers, to find at level 79 the Kai-Kou Type with 11k hull, 178 oxigen, 6 bow launchers.. ( Okay, the Kai-Kou has 2 scout planes, but still.. )

While the extra oxigen is very important, the hull increase is not that much and you lose 2 torpedos.. if we compare the Kai Kou with the I 400 the situation is even worse for the Kai Kou, the I 400 has 15k hull 178 oxigen, 8 bow torpedos, and cost steel instead of gold.

18 hours ago, Davmak said:

The only reason to use Kai Kou Type is to use its small size to pass through net of sonar. But the reason is not justifiable as it cannot scan dived SSs (okay it has scouts)

I want to correct this part of the post, the Kai-Kou has the same size as the I 400, another negative point for this submarine..

5a3846bf877b2_KaiKou1.PNG.36055903a630d946c7ad18dcfa4caf22.PNG5a38499776db8_KaiKou2.PNG.c0e4284dd1017dc3eb8f20d2238924e1.PNG

5a3848420f0b6_I4001.PNG.2c3ebc8d47d1dccbb50cb884173013af.PNG5a3846c629733_I4002.PNG.a76c7c553683166d40c9729875fa0a32.PNG

Maybe adding stern launchers could make this ship interesting as well, as SS 68 and 92 only have bow launchers, but I'm sure it would need some kind of rework, as right now I don't think it is worth of that valued gold.

58 minutes ago, Altavilla said:

[...]. Maybe some months ago being available at such low level ( 55 ) it was interesting, now at level 79 and with it's actual stats..

This SS is NOT worth it nowadays, you come from the level 68 HEI Type I with 9k hull, 163 oxigen and 8 bow launchers, to find at level 79 the Kai-Kou Type with 11k hull, 178 oxigen, 6 bow launchers.. ( Okay, the Kai-Kou has 2 scout planes, but still.. )

[...]

While the extra oxigen is very important, the hull increase is not that much and you lose 2 torpedos. [BEN: I'd say swap 2 torps for scouts that no other nations' SS has!]

. if we compare the Kai Kou with the I 400 the situation is even worse for the Kai Kou, the I 400 has 15k hull 178 oxigen, 8 bow torpedos, and cost steel instead of gold..

[...] but I'm sure it would need some kind of rework, as right now I don't think it is worth of that valued gold.

Agree to all of that, but it would be true for several nations and not only SS but most prem-ships!

They've been a great advantage when they were abailable at the same level as lower level-ships. but in the new system there's not many prem ships recommend to buy. (if not for exp-bonus)

2 hours ago, Neuner said:

They've been a great advantage when they were abailable at the same level as lower level-ships. but in the new system there's not many prem ships recommend to buy. (if not for exp-bonus)

Lexington and Impacable own over Essex and Ark Royal in many ways. There are really worthy for paying gold. But Kaga and Graf Zepplin II......

Perhaps the system want players to move to other ships than these. So poor that IJN have only Kaga, Kai Kou Type and Fuso to choose in level 79/80, all of them are weaker than their. Ear descendants Shokaku, I-400 and Super Yamato in level 90/92.

Hey devs we need buff on premium ships but not nerf on CV/SS92!

I knew there are worthy prem ships and my opinion not to suggest any prem ships was meant for km only, so maybe it was wrong to post it in here. Sorry for not being straight to follow. 

However:

Shiptrees, and the prem ships within, need some makeover i guess.