Neuner

Leader or Officer

5 posts in this topic

Ahoi,

is there any need for the officers rank that I miss?

Since last patch only leaders can start WoF and see who's online...

It seems to me that the rank isn't much more than prestige...

đŸ€”

I think all players should be allow to see who is online but only leaders (and officers if possible) do the job to go to WoF

Well I think it's ok to have that advantage only with some in-game progress, so that the chief could grant that for being active and helping others for example.

But atm I don't see any reason for officers at all?

They can't start WoF (anymore) and fleet-invite seems to be broken as well....

Agreed that officers have little practical use since being removed from wof authority. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or what, but currently after I participate in a wof battle, I land on the wof setup screen; observer only. Meaning I see who’s online from my fleet, but can’t change ships, start/retreat wof, etc. It occurred to me after reading these posts that this is basically what’s suggested above: officers can see who’s online, but only after being involved in wof. Personally, I’d prefer officers always seeing who is online, and the observer screen visible to other members after fighting for their fleet in wof.

This may sound overly harsh or paranoid, but giving every fleet member the online players info worries me. It could allow opposing fleets to know exactly what they’ll face in wof simply by getting 1 brand new ensign into the other fleet. Perhaps such spying exists solely in my imagination & has never actually occurred in the game. I’d be surprised if more than a few players had even considered the notion; it’d require substantial effort to gain—at best—a minimal advantage. My concern is that  granting universal visibility would make this *much* easier; potentially encouraging a whole new source of undesirable drama & mistrust. Just something to consider.

On a more positive note, one useful remaining aspect of the Officer title is to identify experienced players to newer members. Hence, when Joe Noob asks about something in fleet chat, he can feel confident that  Jane Officer’s advice is sound. There’s also something to be said for prestige... of course it’s just a game, but I felt proud on the day I got promoted, and still do! It’s nice to be recognized by one’s peers, even if it’s not exactly something I’d put on my rĂ©sumĂ©. đŸ€“ So I’m okay with it being mostly symbolic; at least until an update decides every officer gets a nuke to use on the damn super ships...

In closing, sorry for all the words. I promise to one day make a post less than 30 pages long– but apparently not today. 😝

xDhahaha saint... Give you the thumbs up for your candor and honesty! 

When a player enters the fleet he is automatically given the status of ensign. This is to let you know that he just joined the fleet. After about a week the M Sim status is removed and the player has no discernible rank. At this point I usually wait about a month to see if the player is going to work out and stay in the game. If they have been with me for a month I give them officer status. Yes it seems that the officer rank is only for Prestige but a little Prestige can go a long ways in helping a captain feel good about himself. 😊