Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Naugahyde

Spectator mode with spec chat for wof

9 posts in this topic

Would like to hear everyone else's comments and even see if this is a possibility. I think it would make the game more interesting and competitive. Some of these battles are epic! Would be cool to record them and have a place to post spectator can do that easily....... Please devs have this in mind when you completely overhaul the entire wof system because it is broken and that's what great developers do :) .

I think it could help to train whole fleet and give the newcomers a good way to see how battle should be done (either by watching your team or the opponent 🤣).

...older Suggestion...

Perhaps devs can allow use to save/share the match after its ended. And we can view the game (in omni-view, all map and ships shown) and we can scroll and zoom the map to see each ships’ movement.

The shareable match content via social media (maybe even live video) must attract more players to join.

But everything needs whether the devs want to promote this game in a e-sport level.

Yes spec tho it's live and will have universal view and own channell so everyone can show up for the big match making biiiig pressure to do amazing things.

Hm...no, I wouldn't want to reveal how my fleet starts a battle or spread it's ships to everybody, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want it either. And least of all live, for the enemy fleet would only need an observer to tell them the enemies forces, where they are and what they do.

Maybe an observer-mode for fleet-members only could do the very same. I don't know all alt-nations of the enemy fleets and would never be sure to not have one of those within my fleet.

So, thinking twice, I wont promote the idea for observer-mode any more. Could be a good advantage for newcomers but a nasty way to spy on enemies. 🤔

Neuner has a point here. Observer mode for fleet members only - that can only see whatever is visible by allies with a save and review feature available for debriefing and tactics analysis. Observer mode for third parties only after the battle is done.

If spectator chat is private than it won't matter:) And honestly tactics change every game for me. Good point but is eliminated by simply locking chat for specs only.

Edited by Naugahyde

1 minute ago, Naugahyde said:

If spectator chat is private than it won't matter:)

Some fleets are already using external chat programs in wofs, adding a spy won't make a difference

True. Than only fleet is solid enough.... I've wanted to see some of these battles maybe if it becomes customary to record and post.