1diddy

I'm in tears for Tiers

16 posts in this topic

I don't think I'm the only one getting tired of seeing 4 or 5 submarines in each game. Or 1 zero star LVL 50 BB against two LVL 120 BB. I am playing way too many games these days that end up 1v7, 1v8,1v9.

A tier system (which was talked about at one time) would solve many problems.

First of all none of what I mentioned above would ever happen and that in itself would be a dramatic Improvement to the game.

As well lower level captains will have evenly match battles to play in. This will make their games competitive and therefore more fun. It will definitely take the sting out of grinding when you're not playing for 1 Crew point-per-game.

I I think this should be the "Next Step". No more RAID Mode, no more fireworks, let's focus on what the game is supposed to be about. A fair competitive battle that is fun to play.

Edited by 1diddy
Don't know why the text is white....

Well said once again diddy.

Part of the problem though is that DDs and CLs are generally suicidal - while if they played their role the 4-5 subs as you say would be severely restricted.

It may be a little less suicidal if they are playing against ships closer to their own tier instead of rushing head first into fully vetted 120 BB. 

40 to 50% of the ships in one battle should never belong to just one ship class. This should never ever happen.

At least with a tier system a captains skills become relevant again.

1 hour ago, baldrick said:

Well said once again diddy.

Part of the problem though is that DDs and CLs are generally suicidal - while if they played their role the 4-5 subs as you say would be severely restricted.

Well I love those suicidal bots.

At least my noob ship can kill some of them and get 6-8 crew xp...😋

Just now, Davmak said:

Well I love those suicidal bots.

At least my noob ship can kill some of them and get 6-8 crew xp...😋

I love them too for the same reasons. But it's not only the bots that are suicidal - and the bots will get smarter sooner or later.

1 hour ago, 1diddy said:

t may be a little less suicidal if they are playing against ships closer to their own tier instead of rushing head first into fully vetted 120 BB. 

Yesterday I entered battle with the DD1 (unintentionally) and I believe I played it ok. Sunk 2-3 dummy DD/CLs obstructed a sub and harassed a BB to my death - in order to give an allied BB dueling it an advantage. I was fully aware that getting close to the BB I will be wasted but without AA guns my utility was very limited when only opposing BBs and CAs remained in the field.

My point is that I enjoyed a battle with a ship only useful to get a player to lvl 3 where he can get a half-decent DD - i did 30-40k damage and felt like I had some impact on the outcome of the battle. And that in a battle where I barely met the opposing SS before it sunk and there was no opposing CV.

Edit: No point in the above - lost my train of thought.

I wanted to say that the tier system should take into account (somehow) player skill as well as ship and crew.

Edited by baldrick

Thank you baldrick, I prefer the more colorful explanation 😂. The tier system usually involves three levels. Your tier, the tier above you, and the tier below you. All battle should be fairly close and this is where you can let your Captain's skills shine. 😎

15 hours ago, 1diddy said:

Thank you baldrick, I prefer the more colorful explanation 😂. The tier system usually involves three levels. Your tier, the tier above you, and the tier below you. All battle should be fairly close and this is where you can let your Captain's skills shine. 😎

And tomorrow (or the day after), I'll leave the (at last) vet type XXI submarine aside and pick up the Europa CV, with green crew. Will I still be in the same tier and get slaughtered each and every time, leaving my team down at the same time? Or will I get down to tier 1 with the suicidal players and noob crew lvl1 DDs?

Both cases will result in unfair battles.

Not necessarily and this is the beauty of a tier system. When entering a battle you with your green Europa (great carrier by the way) because the computer has three tiers to choose from (available players) you could end up as the highest tiered ship in the battle (unlikely). Second scenario is you are matched with ships from your tier(the way it's supposed to work) worst case scenario is you are matched as the lowest tier (unlikely as well).

Please remember that out of 20 ships per game there will be some vetted ships, some ships in the process of vetting, and green ships as always.

The tier system would prevent an Independence from going head-to-head with a fully vetted Europa.

I really believe it is the best system to avoid unfair matches and "slaughters". The match making in Navy field has been horrendous. My goal is to try and make the game fair and fun.

P.s. if you are vetting a ship like Europa then there would be no way you would be competing against a tier 1 anything lol.😎

Ok, thanks for the clarification - I had the whole concept wrong, I thought you were advocating different tiers in different battles not matching the tier "values" of the two sides in the same battle.

23 hours ago, 1diddy said:

P.s. if you are vetting a ship like Europa then there would be no way you would be competing against a tier 1 anything lol.😎

At the time being I'm such a horrible CV player that a green DD1 can easily kill my Europa over and over... I hope I'll change that before I give up on the CV.

If an enemy Destroyer is close enough to your carrier to sink it then that would be more the fault of your teammates and not your carrier. Again this problem is probably caused by poor matchmaking.

Don't give up too soon on CV they aren't much fun until you get at least two stars. When Europa is fully vetted you will have a great time terrorizing Battleship captains and giving your team eyes to see with.

Nah, my problem stems from my total incompetence in multitasking. I send out some planes and then only the planes are in my mind, I completely forget about the carrier that might be sailing full speed uncontrolled and only realise when the planes suddenly drop like flies...

I don't agree. In real life there were also more and less capable captains.  So why shouldn't it be in the game?

I believe you misunderstand the subject of this post. Please reread original post starting with the title.