Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davmak

Call for modifying Provence

6 posts in this topic

First of all, I love Provence and I enjoy playing with it. I am not going to discuss the OP problem here. The only problem I face is that the game provides so little flexibility in tuning the ship.

As we know, Provence is the first BB in NFM with Torpedo launcher. It will be a real fun to tune a BB with aggressive playstyle (like Nelson) and can torp at the same time. Gun 3 with FOUR barrels of Provence is really an interesting choice. (Think about a shotgun ship that can torp!) . However, the 8-slot-system disallow players to do so. It is impossible to give up speed and armour and let the ship attack at the frontline. 

And what’s more, the gun 3 of Provence is really weak. It has only 14080 damage for one salvo, and with her tiny shell damage (880 only) it shoots very weakly on ships with armour. It has range shorter than Nelson but longer reload than Izmail. No matter single damage or DPS gun 3 is really weak. And it take THREE holy slots in upgrade (making me untorpable!)! I can’t believe a gun upgrade with 1.4m steel cost can sxk in this way, especially when comparing to the cheaper choice: the OP gun 2...

Many players (basically all except me) thus choose gun 2 with one less slot usage for more flexibility. Making a boring situation monotoned by all long-range Provence.....

36B0F1AF-C4C8-4624-B723-5EF777820E13.jpeg

Okay after the unusably weak Gun2 maybe it’s time to talk a bit about Gun2 upgrade.....

All of us know that Gun 2 is evil and bugged, as it has simply the same the long range and short reload time of Montana, plus a even higher damage (2107, same as Mikawa).

So how strong is Provence?

In Expert match the maximum ship level is 79, so only BB 70 can be used.

Provence has the same range and reload as Bismark Gun3 (which has been a very good gun choice in this level), and 1.3 times more damage than it. And it uses one SLOT less and has 5000 more hull (same as Sevastopol).

C76CDE2C-0E7B-4FA9-95BB-C0E6DA36FFE5.jpeg

Edited by Davmak

I don’t mind Provence is OP than other ships as it’s devs business. But what I mind is: it is too cheap compared to Gun 3 of the same ship. If the devs make Provence with Gun2 a monster, with Gun3 Provence should be a beast too. As such here is my suggestion:

1) Make the current Gun 2 (2 barrels) to be Gun 3, so one more slot is required. And make Gun 3 (4 barrels) to be Gun 2.

2) Shorten the reload of current Gun 3 (4 barrels) if damage is not buffed. Or

3) Increase the damage of current Gun 3. 

Bring us a shotgun ship that can torp. And hope there will be more types how Provence can be played. Make Provence more PLAYABLE and in Provence we own, cheers!

Edited by Davmak

It would be nice if Providence had sonar since it already had the torpedo/hedgehog then it might stand a better chance against a ss

I love the Providence so much I have it in four of my five nations and soon to have it in my last nation

22 minutes ago, Polina Kitty said:

It would be nice if Providence had sonar since it already had the torpedo/hedgehog then it might stand a better chance against a ss

Excatly, the beauty of Provence should not be only the overwhelming Gun2, but the versatility and flexibility in dealing with different cases.