Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pauls

Targeting drama

11 posts in this topic

For some time you  systematically worsen targeting and focusing of main guns on BB and CA. But what you did in the last update is paranoia! Besides fact, that targeting line is pointing on a completely random place of ship, targeting  dropped below all accepted levelsMost of us to buy higher lev. battleships, also had to pay real money.  This action is completely unfair.

Really? I think the new update makes the auto aiming quite well.

I have tried only bb 110 and 120 for now. In both cases, aiming is clearly worse than before the update. When others shoot at me, they also have problems. In addition, people from my fleet also confirm problems with targeting.

On 4/8/2018 at 0:02 AM, Pauls said:

I have tried only bb 110 and 120 for now. In both cases, aiming is clearly worse than before the update. When others shoot at me, they also have problems. In addition, people from my fleet also confirm problems with targeting.

Well the old aiming system just simply aim on the ship’s head, no matter the distance and speed.

The new system would aim a bit forward from the head in long range or aim at the ship’s body if in short distance or low speed. In my view I think this help a lot for aiming especially when i shoot ships in a right angle (Crossing the T).

The only reason I think that the new aiming is worse is, because of the further distance of shells drop, ships can easier dodge the shells if thy turn and when being shot side-by-side. 

Btw also some improvements in the new system:

1) Secondary Gun has higher accuracy (making German ships with long range sec gun stronger)

2) auto aaw is a bit over powered now. It can shoot planes in LOW ANGLE that my low flying torp planes cannot dodge.

Although I'm mostly occupied with subs and CVs lately what I saw from the new aim is game-changing, but not for worse.

Auto aim is now respectable to any range if the target does not change course (course change would throw manual aim off as well). This makes DDs & CLs life harder as they were pretty safe from BBs and CAs as long as they kept their distance, now they should swerve hard all the time as soon as they're in guns range.

For BBs it's much easier - to the point I didn't bother with manual aim (the couple of times I played), just point to a target and concentrate on ship positioning and swerving to avoid getting hit. once a target is destroyed or moves out of range just switch targets.

Ultimately this change makes it harder for light/fast ships that were pretty safe from long range artillery until last update and easier for the big gun ships as the gap between manual-aim and auto-aim efficiency is now (almost) nonexistent.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, Davmak said:

1) Secondary Gun has higher accuracy (making German ships with long range sec gun stronger)

Evidence: a DD (prob not a 50 or vet crew - possibly an AI boat) came in to chase my Europa (CV92). It was sunk by my 0-upgrades secondary battery before doing any serious damage.

1 hour ago, baldrick said:

Evidence: a DD (prob not a 50 or vet crew - possibly an AI boat) came in to chase my Europa (CV92). It was sunk by my 0-upgrades secondary battery before doing any serious damage.

Evidence 2: My K Class (2 stars) now often hunts down some DD and light gun with her dual guns on surface😍

5 minutes ago, Davmak said:

Evidence 2: My K Class (2 stars) now often hunts down some DD and light gun with her dual guns on surface😍

Hunter became the hunted. Another game changing effect of the improved auto-aim i didn't realise.

Edited by baldrick
Edit: I wonder how the RN M type does with her 12" gun

And Evidence 3:

Torpedo boats in HA become vulnerable now:)

O.K. after few dayc I can admit that the aiming is not as worse as I found it after update. The target line is  misleading. It was also some matter that I have terrible lags lately.
Only the focus of the BB salvo is dramatic. A strange twist of fate, most salvos from Provance are attracted like a magnet to the center of the ship.