Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldrick

chat
Chat revised in new patch

8 posts in this topic

How is the local time that a comment is made supposed to be an improvement over the time elapsed since a comment was made? I found myself looking at the time several times just to check how long ago a comment was made and if it's still relevant.

This is a chat system, not a forum or e-mail.

Add to the above a bug... the chat window was not updating; I replied to a comment, made an other one, then the window updated. My reply appeared several comments later than the message it replied to and my comment was completely irrelevant at the point it appeared. I guess some people thought I was drunk yesterday...

1 hour ago, baldrick said:

How is the local time that a comment is made supposed to be an improvement over the time elapsed since a comment was made? I found myself looking at the time several times just to check how long ago a comment was made and if it's still relevant.

This is a chat system, not a forum or e-mail.

Add to the above a bug... the chat window was not updating; I replied to a comment, made an other one, then the window updated. My reply appeared several comments later than the message it replied to and my comment was completely irrelevant at the point it appeared. I guess some people thought I was drunk yesterday...

I agree the old system is better and I mentioned that yesterday in a reply to gorskovs post. I have noticed the chat system being laggy myself. My text still interested to chat room at the appropriate time but my chat window (on my phone when you press enter text) seems to open and close in slow-mo. (And kind of Jumpy)

I'm not really hearing a lot of positive feedback on the last patch. I hope they noticed this and put things back the way they were.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

I guess the developers/programmers have time to waste...  I wonder what their "to do" list looks like.

Lol "to do list eh?". 

Okay from what I've heard they are working on an "on/off" button for the shake thing. I guess we'll have to wait till next patch to find out.

I have no lag, but simply chat doesn't update after while. I must change, or reload nation to see new messages. Of course since last update.

11 hours ago, Pauls said:

I have no lag, but simply chat doesn't update after while. I must change, or reload nation to see new messages. Of course since last update.

Same here. also it seems that it's not all messages that don't update after a while but random messages/people. It's funny to see replies to unseen messages.

As you said, usually changing or reloading nation updates, but sometimes messages appear out of order

Yes, indeed. I haven't noticed it before, but not all messages appear. And it's still happening

I hope that PM can be posted separately or in top-up basis.

i can’t find who sent me messages.