Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S Gorskov

Using more upgrades slots

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone ,first of all I would like to thank the developers for putting the on / off option for the "shake effect" allowing me to get back into the game :), now my little tip: many players complain because the upgrades slots are few and practically forced (for example almost all the BBs must use 3 for the guns except for the overpower Provence and the useless 3 level of the Yamatos), so I thought if it was possible to apply the same system of the "master crew" for a further ninth slot, a temporary use for 1 day, 3 days, .... using the same "Certificates crew points"; in this way we can have more varied ships in play and we players can "explore" different solutions for our ships, (btw, the master cost for CAs should be reviewed, it is not possible that the master crew of the very weak "Myoko" CA25 costs only 10 CR less than the very strong QV BB120 LOL) as usual, I apologize for my English, every my eventually mistake is Larry Page's fault :) Greetings and good battles for everybody

Hi Gorskov,

Thanks for your point and this make me a new idea!

I think nine-slot system cannot ultimately solve the problem of lacking customisation in ship layout. The nineth slot can make a super strong ship, but not ‘the ship in your design’.

I may suggest that each level of equipment may have two version.

For example, Amagi Engine 3A has better OH performance, while Engine 3B has better normal speed; Gun 3A has high shell damage but shorter range, and vice versa for Gun 3B; Armour 2A focus more on deck defence, while Armour 2B gives up some deck defence but has early belt armour.....

We can thus make more choices in the same right-slot system.

C9697005-78AB-4998-82D0-E4A5F70743FA.jpeg

17 hours ago, Davmak said:

For example, Amagi Engine 3A has better OH performance, while Engine 3B has better normal speed; Gun 3A has high shell damage but shorter range, and vice versa for Gun 3B; Armour 2A focus more on deck defence, while Armour 2B gives up some deck defence but has early belt armour.....

Then the difference between nations will become narrower, or all nation could build similar ships. I think the idea that USN is balanced, RN hard-hitting and well armoured, IJN fast (and unique ships), KM long range and Soviet (someone help here - I need to unlock Soviets and see myself) works well as different play-style/tactics are needed for each.

Also giving a 9th slot won't work any better than 4 star crews do - paying or high scoring players (playing long hours each day) get an advantage over more casual players - this may alienate and eventually drive away the more casual players.