Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldrick

Ship upgrade to higher tier

9 posts in this topic

4.2.X patch brought different tiers of the same ship into play.

The suggestion is to make possible, once a blueprint is researched, an upgrade (refit) option to higher tier of an already built ship using only steel (not more gold for premium ships) and keeping the same crew xp.

ย 

Note: Created a new topic as the suggestion was originally made in another

If 20 debris can buy you a blueprint it should be able to buy you an extra slot in your ship upgrade section. Then you use steel for the upgrade. I would like the game to stay within realistic parameters though.... In terms of real life capability.

Also stop with the lottery madness.

It should be:

a. Build a ship of tier whatever (as was up until now)

b. 10 levels later get the option to refit ship to higher tier (keeping the same crew)

c. another 10-15 levels later get the option for a second (and final) refit 2 tiers higher than original

3 minutes ago, 1diddy said:

If 20 debris can buy you a blueprint it should be able to buy you an extra slot in your ship upgrade section. Then you use steel for the upgrade. I would like the game to stay within realistic parameters though.... In terms of real life capability.

That would be another way to get a ship to a higher tier without completely unbalancing the game - give an extra slot. This would require balancing the slots first (making FCS relevant to the game, etc. as described in the Ship upgrade system thread) but this would require actually listening to the players and thinking - two things that the developers don't do very well.

Dyslexia... I swear... Dyslexia

Did you notice how the research center looks more like a barn than a high-tech research facility?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ It looks like it even has water towers on the one side.

Edited by 1diddy

30 minutes ago, 1diddy said:

Did you notice how the research center looks more like a barn than a high-tech research facility?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ It looks like it even has water towers on the one side.

Hahaha! thanks for pointing it out. looks like a fabrication shed with two rail cars (without any rails coming or going) parked in front.

I guess as a military building has to look inconspicuous

Yes, this has to be added! I don't want that my premium ships get useluss just because one patch. It would be same thing for me to just throw away the 3000 gold I invested to those.

I think it's not good that you can get all French and Italian ships at level 1. This makes people to just play the lottery and not the actual game. I also feel myself that it is pointless to try to grind to the level 120 BB when I can have one right now if I have luck.

This is why it would be better that we would get French and Italian BB120s at 120 level, CV92s at 92 level and so on.

12 minutes ago, 007 said:

I think it's not good that you can get all French and Italian ships at level 1. This makes people to just play the lottery and not the actual game. I also feel myself that it is pointless to try to grind to the level 120 BB when I can have one right now if I have luck.

This is why it would be better that we would get French and Italian BB120s at 120 level, CV92s at 92 level and so on.

True, as it rolled out levels are irrelevant. This is also why I suggested the higher tiers of the same ship to be unlocked 10-15 levels after the original tier (e.g Pensacola D (original) lvl 41, Pensacola C lvl 51, Pensacola B lvl 66, Iowa C (original) lvl 100, Iowa B lvl 110 (same as original tier B California), Iowa A lvl 125.

Of course the Italian and French ships should be rated at their appropriate level.