Ethor98

What do you want for 2019?

45 posts in this topic

Hello NF community. I recently saw a post in general discussion about seeing what the community wants. Now... I know there has been massive feedback on the recently added ship rolling system. Trust me. The devs do know. And are working to see what can be done. Moving on. What would you guys like to see from us in 2019? Anything big or small. Lets try to keep this as respectful as possible. We know people arent happy with some functions of the game. And yes we do listen to the community. We take the players opinions into high consideration when thinking of updates. 

So some rules on this post. 

Please do not double post. If you like the idea give it a green up or "like". If you like the concept but want to put your own "spin on it" quote it. No need to spam 5 posts of the same idea. 

Lets keep this post respectful. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being rude. Please be nice.

We appreciate and value all feedback. So have fun!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resubmitted with the call for removal of AAW guns from BBs deleted. Please only vote for one of the two submissions (or resubmit your option if different).

Properly balance ships. Remove all mines/torps, AAW guns, sonars etc from BBs - target is to make BBs vulnerable to SS and CV so they depend on escorts to be successful. Similarly other ships (no sonars & launchers on CVs). A few oddballs (Mogami44, I400, Kitakami) are nice and give colour to the game.

  • BBs gun only - similar tiers should have similar balance of hull, armour, range, damage, no of guns, reload, secondary guns (with some nations having the edge in one of these - 7 stats, 7 nations). Be careful on broadside weights.
  • CAs fast guns with AAW secondary gun option
  • DDs fast, CLs powerful ASW and AAW ships
  • SSs silent hunters - Give some higher torpedo damage to higher tiers as now A tier BBs are unsinkable by subs
  • CVs BB killers at range (supposing BBs are of BB size and speed - No Ammirragrio Di Saint Bon* unless reclassed as CA - with CA stats

Some ships - especially new ones are way out of balance. e.g. the B tier Bretagne and Paris BBs have broadsides of 30000 AND good range AND launchers.

The game is fun as naval tactics. Having a couple of BBs work together and sweep through GBs is not fun.

 

Link to thread with original suggestion:http://www.navyfieldmobile.com/index.php?/topic/553-france-and-italian-need-their-own-nation/

Edited by baldrick
Edit: add link to original suggestions post, Edit2: Mention to resubmission with BBs retaining AAW
5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balance GB. Split SSs/CVs/BBs approximately equally taking into account tier and crew experience.

Mark AI ships as such (e.g. different ship name colour or captain name "bot" instead of the former captain)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revisit ship upgrades.

While the ship upgrade system with the 8 slots is nice, as it is implemented there are actually only 2 builds for each ship, one for GB/WOF and one for HA.

FCS: As is only reason to upgrade is to get HA bonuses - no functionality in online battles. Suggestion: increase sight/radar/sonar bonuses and maybe add a 5% chance for critical hit (+50% damage or so) bonus at each upgrade.

Main Guns: for most CAs and BBs the lvl 3 guns are the only way to go. If the difference between levels was smaller there could be a reason to build a battleship with eg. gun lvl 1 or 2 in order to get some other upgrades.

Sec Guns: as is only reason to upgrade is to get AAW enabled status. Suggestion get all levels CL/CA sec guns AAW enabled (DD/CL prime guns where applicable) and give them different bonuses each level (eg. lvl 1 small range/slow reload/high damage, lvl 2 med range/med reload/ low damage, lvl 3 med range/ slow reload/ high damage) so any setting will be an option with higher levels a little more appealing

Armour: instead of belt/deck/bulge in separate upgrades have all of them in each, increasing by a percentage (eg. lvl1: 1000/600/250, lvl2: 1250/800/500, lvl3 1500/1000/1000)

Torpedoes: not bad as is. Hedgehogs need a small boost to become relevant again - probably a bundle of 5 as stated is a good idea

Speed: not bad as is

Flightdeck: Irrelevant in any ship other than CVs and mogami44. Could be dropped from other ships

Aircraft: is there any bonus for the fighter upgrade? if there is please make it apparent. if not a small one would be nice.

 

Original post:http://www.navyfieldmobile.com/index.php?/topic/528-ship-upgrade-system/

 

Edited by baldrick
Edit: add link to original suggestions post
5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Improve dev - players communication:

The forums are here for persistent discussion.

Game chat, discord and line are chat systems good for announcements

Facebook also offer chat capabilities, has a big userbase and is good for persistent announcements. Also offers another nice tool: Poll.

The developers can very well present a problem to their users (that many players are "spying" in other fleets in this case), propose the solution(s) they found (kick all alts from fleets) and LISTEN to player suggestions.

They can then rank the suggestions and pick one or (even better) use the poll tool and let the users decide the best action.

So it could have been like this:

Day 1 (Announcement in Discord, Line, Facebook, and every 1-2 hours in game chat):

It has come to our attention that many players join fleets with the intention of spying for another fleet. The NF team will take action to stop this behaviour. Please check the "Suggestions" Forum at navyfieldmobile.com for details. Discussion will happen until (3-5 days later), followed by a poll in facebook to reach the best solution from [date] to [date] (2-3 days after thread closure).

Day 1 (Forums)

Opening of thread for discussion under suggestions. Detail problem, moderate conversation and state specific dates for proposals taken and discussed, poll and implementation. Do give feedback in proposals (such as: good idea but will require 150 hours to code, thus cannot be implemented please consider dropping this or that feature - or make alternative suggestion)

Day 4

Opening of poll in facebook

Day 6-7

Announce results of poll and course to be taken - followed by explanation if the solution to be implemented is not the most popular one (it's still your game and we know you are here to make money from the game - we have conflicting interests)

 

This way you give the community a sense of participation, the community will come up with some ideas (thus giving you back some work hours spent for doing all this) and everyone will be happier. (I think)

Link to original thread: http://www.navyfieldmobile.com/index.php?/topic/545-nf-developers-and-users-relations/

Edited by baldrick
Edit: add link to original suggestions post
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make Italy and France into separate Nations. Have blueprints and ships already built in other nations transferred to the new.

Exceptions: Provence and Andrea Doria given to specific nations.

 

Link to original thread: http://www.navyfieldmobile.com/index.php?/topic/545-nf-developers-and-users-relations/

Edited by baldrick
Edit: add link to original suggestions post
6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandon the lottery scheme.

Make a ship tree and captain progress should follow that tree. (Already done research by the lottery scheme will leave branches in the air. Lucky those who have them).

Earlier suggestion was to upgrade ships by level - it is too late for that now, levels are irrelevant.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The price of monthly subscription is unreasonably high.

In many MMO games monthly subscription is only USD4.99 and it has provided most resources and xp boost. But in NFM if you want all it will charge you USD30.

Please offer a more affordable subscription option so your loyal players can support the game’s long term development. The spirit of subscription should be letting the game sustainable with players’ monthly payment, and let the payers’ playing experience more enjoyable.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, baldrick said:

Game chat, discord and line

Is there an official discord channel?

If no, please make one.

And also please expose all ships’ stats or let some devs help building the wikia.

Edited by Davmak
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tie WoF and Online battles to tiers, not levels.

Online Beginner: max tier E

Online Expert: max tier C

Great Battle: Unlimited

Beginner WoF: max tier C

Expert Wof: max tier B

Master Wof: Unlimited

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baldrick has already said a lot. I would add some suggestions to the chat

  • a battle chat is needed, apart from the main and the team chats
  • When a player writes something during a battle, that message is displayed over his ship to easily see where he is, what he sees. What he says is visible either by his teammates or by everyone in the battle
  • the capacity to talk to a specific player by clicking on his ship on the field. if you whisper, then it’s not shown to others or it’s shown in a specific color. If you just talk to your battle team, it’s shown in a team color, another color. If it’s for everyone, then it’s shown in a standard color.

to the fundamentals of the game

  • a team has to be able to practice tactics, either by not limitating the number of fleet raids, or by creating a test mode, or by allowing teammates to choose to join the same greatbattle/raid
  • i strongly disagree with the lottery system, but if i understand the need to improve the game, and even if the baldrick good suggestions were to be not upheld (in particular french and italien own fleets, super ships with multi weapons limitations) , the balance has still to be corrected ; either by allowing players to choose the class on which they want to spend a lot of ressources and blueprints and by modifying the range rates between tiers, and/or by reinforcing their normal ships abilities. For instance, a ss, which encounters a bunker bb or a multi weapon bb/cv, should have more oxy or speed or a mine detection or a slow speed at an intermediary and undetectable depth level, unless the ships uses a sonar. 
Edited by Helmut la rascasse
6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.. you guys are fast! 🤣

My own thoughts at the moment but not in this much detail. Remember two sets of our ideas were sent to them,  one by email and the other via messenger.... Both were ignored.

1) I have been asking for a tier system for months. Maybe I miscommunicated the purpose of this but it was not meant to be one tear is stronger than the next.

I offered this suggestion to give the game more balance in battle as I feel this has always been navyfields weakness. As it stands right now if a BB 50 is on one team and a BB 120 is on the other the game considers this a fair contest as both teams have a battleship. This means you could have a 0 * Kongo (feel my grief) on one team and a mastered Queen Victoria on the other.... Fair game right? Throw into this mix the endless Bots and just stupid players and it could take you months gaining 1 Point per game.

The tier system as I meant it would mean that only BB 50 (no matter what state of vetting) would be involved in a battle with another BB 50 (no matter what state of vetting). This would bring much more balanced to battles and make them more interesting and reliant on the players skills. Other games have done it why can't we?

2) Baldrick, Davmak, Helmut.....

Your reputations speak for themselves, both as skilled captains and leaders in the community.

I look at your list of suggestions and they are all so long..... Let's take a short step backwards.

If Navy field had have concentrated on fixing the minor things. The little things that drove us nuts a year ago and never got fixed. Then perhaps these dramatic changes that have done nothing but rip off and cheat us all (I know I feel bad for that guy I saw in West Chat who said he just spent 5000 gold 2 days before the new patch came out😂) would not have been necessary.

We all loved this game when we first installed it and I think just getting the quirks got out of it would have pleased us all.

Now we look at endless lists of things we would like to see changed.

They say the reply in Google Play Store about the game closing was due to their staff not having good English skills.

What makes you think they can read this?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with most of what wrote Baldrick,  but with a few things definitely not.
 

  • BB's should have AWW as in real world, becouse it's historical! But all, not only new ones. It's ridiculus that pre-dreadnoughts have quite effective AWW, and new, even undeveloped eg. California, Nebrasca, or other project not.
  • Lottery system. I would ideally liquidate it, but if it absolutely has to stay, as Helmut said, we must be able to choose a class. I draw 9 CV, which i don't play, and I definitely didn't want them. Other option is add possibility to sell/exchange blueprints between players.  Tier of lottery ships should be strictly dependent on the player's level!  There has to be a benefit system for people, who have spent so much time and money to get a high level.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Davmak said:

Is there an official discord channel?

If no, please make one.

And also please expose all ships’ stats or let some devs help building the wikia.

https://discord.gg/ccuSStz

That's the official Discord, mainly used for NF1 but NFM has a room as well.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I agree with most of what wrote Baldrick,  but with a few things definitely not.
 

  • BB's should have AWW as in real world, becouse it's historical! But all, not only new ones. It's ridiculus that pre-dreadnoughts have quite effective AWW, and new, even undeveloped eg. California, Nebrasca, or other project not.
  • Lottery system. I would ideally liquidate it, but if it absolutely has to stay, as Helmut said, we must be able to choose a class. I draw 9 CV, which i don't play, and I definitely didn't want them. Other option is add possibility to sell/exchange blueprints between players.  Tier of lottery ships should be strictly dependent on the player's level!  There has to be a benefit system for people, who have spent so much time and money to get a high level.

 

Real world BBs had the most sophisticated AAW systems of their era (several guns from 1/2"-5" with dedicated directors and radars). Many were used as harbour AA defence. HOWEVER if BBs are not dependent on AAW ships (DD/CL/CA) for their AA cover, then CAs get killed and DDs & CLs only have an ASW function in the fleet. Thus I propose and insist on keeping the classes distinct, with distinct functions in a fleet - so that a good battle happens by nice cooperation between players.

A year ago I had written the "Unofficial battle tips"* that was how a battle (should have) happened back then (IMO). Giving Battleships AAW and launchers just renders obsolete the smaller ships.

The game is not realistic, never had been nor that is its purpose. In my view the game is about fast and fun battles (therefore for balance some ships have extraordinary qualities - like 30kn subs able to take a BB broadside and DDs doing 60 kn)

*The unofficial battle tips are dated but consider it was written before occupation zones, auto-aim update (to compensate for target speed - targeting point was fixed close to bow of target dictating manual aim at long ranges) and at a time that BB100s were rare, nevermind 110s & 120s

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baldrick, I think that DD and CL should still stay BB's escort against SS. CA will not get killed, becouse they still have speed, quite a lot of firepower, and are much smaller targets than BB (maybe  except  Furious).

Yes many aspects are unrealistic as mentioned by you SS's speed underwater. But I would prefer to follow historical realities keeping playfulness, as much as we can.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1diddy said:

Wow.. you guys are fast! 🤣

My own thoughts at the moment but not in this much detail. Remember two sets of our ideas were sent to them,  one by email and the other via messenger.... Both were ignored.

1) I have been asking for a tier system for months. Maybe I miscommunicated the purpose of this but it was not meant to be one tear is stronger than the next.

I offered this suggestion to give the game more balance in battle as I feel this has always been navyfields weakness. As it stands right now if a BB 50 is on one team and a BB 120 is on the other the game considers this a fair contest as both teams have a battleship. This means you could have a 0 * Kongo (feel my grief) on one team and a mastered Queen Victoria on the other.... Fair game right? Throw into this mix the endless Bots and just stupid players and it could take you months gaining 1 Point per game.

The tier system as I meant it would mean that only BB 50 (no matter what state of vetting) would be involved in a battle with another BB 50 (no matter what state of vetting). This would bring much more balanced to battles and make them more interesting and reliant on the players skills. Other games have done it why can't we?

2) Baldrick, Davmak, Helmut.....

Your reputations speak for themselves, both as skilled captains and leaders in the community.

I look at your list of suggestions and they are all so long..... Let's take a short step backwards.

If Navy field had have concentrated on fixing the minor things. The little things that drove us nuts a year ago and never got fixed. Then perhaps these dramatic changes that have done nothing but rip off and cheat us all (I know I feel bad for that guy I saw in West Chat who said he just spent 5000 gold 2 days before the new patch came out😂) would not have been necessary.

We all loved this game when we first installed it and I think just getting the quirks got out of it would have pleased us all.

Now we look at endless lists of things we would like to see changed.

They say the reply in Google Play Store about the game closing was due to their staff not having good English skills.

What makes you think they can read this?

I relay all info to devs. And i live in the united states. So im pretty sure im qualified to read English. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldrick said:

Improve dev - players communication:

The forums are here for persistent discussion.

Game chat, discord and line are chat systems good for announcements

Facebook also offer chat capabilities, has a big userbase and is good for persistent announcements. Also offers another nice tool: Poll.

The developers can very well present a problem to their users (that many players are "spying" in other fleets in this case), propose the solution(s) they found (kick all alts from fleets) and LISTEN to player suggestions.

They can then rank the suggestions and pick one or (even better) use the poll tool and let the users decide the best action.

So it could have been like this:

Day 1 (Announcement in Discord, Line, Facebook, and every 1-2 hours in game chat):

It has come to our attention that many players join fleets with the intention of spying for another fleet. The NF team will take action to stop this behaviour. Please check the "Suggestions" Forum at navyfieldmobile.com for details. Discussion will happen until (3-5 days later), followed by a poll in facebook to reach the best solution from [date] to [date] (2-3 days after thread closure).

Day 1 (Forums)

Opening of thread for discussion under suggestions. Detail problem, moderate conversation and state specific dates for proposals taken and discussed, poll and implementation. Do give feedback in proposals (such as: good idea but will require 150 hours to code, thus cannot be implemented please consider dropping this or that feature - or make alternative suggestion)

Day 4

Opening of poll in facebook

Day 6-7

Announce results of poll and course to be taken - followed by explanation if the solution to be implemented is not the most popular one (it's still your game and we know you are here to make money from the game - we have conflicting interests)

 

This way you give the community a sense of participation, the community will come up with some ideas (thus giving you back some work hours spent for doing all this) and everyone will be happier. (I think)

This is an excellent idea. I will post in our dev/mod chat. :)

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldrick said:

Abandon the lottery scheme.

Make a ship tree and captain progress should follow that tree. (Already done research by the lottery scheme will leave branches in the air. Lucky those who have them).

Earlier suggestion was to upgrade ships by level - it is too late for that now, levels are irrelevant.

Like original nf? That would be fun.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The submarines should be reliant on battery power as an indicator for diving not air indicator 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the ship tier system needs to go period.  It's not a fair battle for a tier b California, Nebraska, etc to go against a tier s California, Nebraska, etc because the tier s ship if vetted will win every time 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if the ship tier system must stay then all ship tier's should go into separate battles.  It would also be nice if the lottery system goes away as well I'm tired of getting the same blueprints for ships I have already built.  I used to really enjoy playing navy field mobile but now it's gotten to the point that older Captains are leaving because they're being ignored.  I also don't think it's fair to the older captains that the newer captains don't have to work to unlock ships with this lottery system and get a higher level ship like the level 50 destroyer or level 80 battleship at a captains level of only 25

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a poor guy semi-illiterate but I have a great passion for the Naval Military History so I allow myself to give suggestions to try to improve this game with many potentials: (1) the crew already veteran should be able to move on the new ship of the same type (with a gold cost of at least 1000/2000 leaving the player the possibility to choose); (2) as I try to repeat for months we need more rooms, some easier for the "vetting" of new ships (regardless of the levels of the players who now no longer have any value) some without SS or CV; (3) No BBs or CVs should have torpedoes and (4) all BBs and CVs should have AAW (@Baldrick, Hello, one of the BB's duty in the US Task Force was the AAW protection for CVs because of the huge volume of fire); (5) some CAs but not everyone should keep the torpedoes; (6) SS should be "nerfing" (oh oh, now Helmut hate me ^^) both in speed and in resistance, I think many players are tired of SS master who attack with impunity on the surface, basically the SS was a very fragile,delicate and very slow machine in the real WWII; (7) in these times there is a real abuse in the use of kits of smoke and repair by some players, my proposal is that at least the smoke is recoverable with resources to try to balance the game (like 100.000 steel+10.000 fuel= 5 smokes); (8) think it is necessary the "nerfing" of some new BB (Bretagne and Lorraine mainly) absurdly OP (I do not speak for envy because I have both ^^, just for justice); (9) the reward of GBs for the crew experience should pass at least 20 per battle and compared to the damage inflicted on 1x5000 basis (or in other proportion, of course) this would invoke lazy players (like me) to get more involved in battles instead of launching the ship and doing something else (i read, others watch movies while playing😉, sad, incorrect but true)

in addition to these 9 points, I share many of the ideas of Baldrick, Paulus and Polina, more I ask, as always, the recovery of multiple fleets per account (I have already demonstrated how this rule does not stop neither "boosting" nor " spying "both easily implemented even now, this rule has only penalized the old players) and I would have two other generic tips, the removal of the fireworks button icon (remember many players use a" small "cell phone, the less stuff there is better) and a different visualization of the ships in port, by now that all these new ships scroll up to find the right one is already this a game in the game🙂. greetings at all

Edited by S Gorskov
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ships in shipyard can be upgraded to higher tier with blueprints.

Edited by Davmak
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, change the HA system. In the battle against defense ships, I think a side-by-side encounter would be better.

Currently there may be a DD or CL against a CV or SS, and the combat becomes lethargic; they spin in circles indefinitely!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now