Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gronk

Harbor Assault

11 posts in this topic

Ok, well I've been playing around with the Harbor Assault now that I have some decent ships.

I'm a little irritated because an equipment set that works very well in online combat pretty much sucks in harbor assault. For example since my Asama has a scout plane and there are so many ships (in online combat) expanding the invisible areas, FCS upgrades are a waste of space. Plus, with its range, I need speed to stay away more than armor to survive hits. So my Asama doesn't have either the HA critical hit or the anti-aircraft level.  Similar things with all the other ships.

I guess I could buy the other ships and outfit them for harbor assault, but then I'd have to play them long enough to get the crews experienced. It's taking quite a while to get the ships I really do want up to veteran status.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

14 hours ago, Gronk said:

Any suggestions?

Play your ships with its best setup in online battles until their crew gets veteran status, then do the refit for HA and never play them again in online...

Hmm... Well, I guess that would work. It costs gold I was saving for ships though. I will think about it. Thanks.

Hi there, as Neuner said upgrade your ships for Online Battles and after crew hit Veteran change the built for HA.

I agree it makes you spent some gold, but a 4 seconds cooldown in HA is worth it!

Beginners Room should help you leveling up DD, CL and CA crews to veteran quickly.

Or deal with your ships upgrades even if they are for HA. 

Like my CA's, I upgraded them for HA and use(d) them in online battles. No problem at all... 

On 6.8.2017 at 8:36 AM, Joopie said:

Or deal with your ships upgrades even if they are for HA. 

Like my CA's, I upgraded them for HA and use(d) them in online battles. No problem at all... 

Did the same with CA and it worked well. For BB I would recommend to have it set up for Online Battles for it won't be fun to level your crew with only second best ship-setup.

Is it just me, or does Harbor Assault seem kinda messed up now?

The defensive buildings seem a bit tougher. I agree with that, since I thought they were kinda weak before. I like the fleet maneuvering and attacking change. My ships will actually launch torpedoes and target ships halfway intelligently.

However, I can attack and wipe out fleets which should be much more powerful than me. Sometimes with slight damage. Just today I attacked with a DD, 2 CL, and 2 CA. All are veteran except one of the CA has zero crew xp. They are geared up for HA.

The opposition was 3 CL, 2 BB, and a CV. From the icons, they were also at least somewhat geared up for HA.

I only lost the DD and one CA. The other ships were not even badly damaged. I know I am supremely awesome :D, but that seems kinda ridiculous.

Then, of course, I got wiped out by the defensive buildings. But still...

11 hours ago, Gronk said:

[...] They are geared up for HA.

The opposition was 3 CL, 2 BB, and a CV. From the icons, they were also at least somewhat geared up for HA.. [..]

Then, of course, I got wiped out by the defensive buildings. But still...

Since last update the defending Player can't use his HA-Skillz anymore. I don't know whether bug or feature, but I like it most!

Even if I had a strong veterans defense-line myself, it always bored me that's there's nothing you can do about high-level-defender.

HA defender buildings became far more important with that upgrade, for sure!

On 23.8.2017 at 8:59 AM, Neuner said:

Since last update the defending Player can't use his HA-Skillz anymore. I don't know whether bug or feature, but I like it most!

[...]

There's a patch announcement for the next Monday... They'll fix the "Bug" for Defensive-Skillz. :S

Recently I have been noticing fleets in HA that have a CA in the front row and/or duplicate ships.

How are they doing that?

oh.. I thought that bug was fixed month ago? have seen several H44 two times in one defense line...

...make a screenshot and mail it to the devs I'd say. It's not done by happenstance but on behalf!