Cryos

Promoting Sailors to Master

9 posts in this topic

I have repeatedly tried to promote the sailors on my ship to master.  They continue to be reset back to veteran. I have wasted about 800-1000 gold doing this.  A prime example is my Colorado.  Yesterday, all the sailors were at master - Today my armament and engine sailors are back to veteran.  This is only 1 example, I have had this happen on several ships and several times.  I will no long try to promote any sailor to master.  I don't feel like spending money and getting nothing in return. (PS - The Gold was for missing resources just in case it was unclear - This also don't take in the lost crew points I earn and lost in the crew resets)  I emailed NF about this issue several days ago about fixing the problem and getting the gold back, but I've received no response back.  (PSS - All crew that I tried promoting were at veteran statues, if that helps any - I didn't use gold to fast track any crew, only for the missing resources)   Thanks. 

This issue spans all my nations as well - Not just U.S.  Britain as well.

I kid you not since posting this two more crew on my Colorado have drop back to veteran.  Radio and repair. The captain and seaman are still in train but I'm will the bet they will be back to veteran before too long.  

I second this, i olso promoted some of my officers but they went back to be a veteran!

Its not a bug, its a feature. ;) 

The Master promotion is just for a limited time as written in the patch release notes. Also if i remember right, the game tells you how long they will be promoted.

Master Crew duration and probability of promotion

(1 day Master Crew promotion probability 76%, 3 days Master Crew promotion probability 20%, 7 days Master Crew promotion probability 3.9%, 365 days Master Crew promotion probability 0.1%)

I missed that part, but thank you for the info.  I had seen the time but as with every other level thought it was the time to train up. Again thanks. 

So it's really not worth promoting your crew to master and wasting the points

For what else do you want to safe your points Tony? 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:41 AM, Paule said:

Its not a bug, its a feature. ;) 

The Master promotion is just for a limited time as written in the patch release notes. Also if i remember right, the game tells you how long they will be promoted.

I've thought about this since your post. And I honestly don't remember if they had the instantly promoted to master for a certain period at the top, but I don't think so.  If they did well than I was just blind.  If not, than I'm happy they added it, because not everyone reads the patch release notes and it's silly to think everyone will.  Yes - it may behoove me to do so, but that's just not reality.  And again I thank you for the information about  Master Crew duration and probability of promotion.