cklim

So, you are now lv 50 with 1 mil steel

12 posts in this topic

What would you do next, buy lv50 super DD? build the 1st battle ship?

Upgrade the existing ships/ infrastructure?

Or, keep grinding until you reach Yamato, Bismarck, CV, sub, etc?

I bought the BB (Gneisenau), but the lvl50 DD was not in the game at that time. I guess it's up to you and your game style. Another thing to consider is that you can vet the DD pretty fast (I did 2-3 days playing a couple of hours per day) while the BB will take ages (4000xp for vet BB captain in Germany) and also DD upgrades are considerably cheaper in steel compared to BB.

If you grind the BB for exp and don't buy experienced crew with gold you will hit lvl 55 before vetting the BB, another thing to consider if you aim to get the 55 lvl SS or CV.

In conclusion: I would get the DD as it's lots of fun, then save steel for lvl 55 SS or the lvl 50 BB (I'm not a CV guy).

PS sorry for complicating things more instead of helping

PS2 what nation are you playing?

53 minutes ago, baldrick said:

[...]: I would get the DD as it's lots of fun, then save steel for lvl 55 SS or the lvl 50 BB (I'm not a CV guy).[...]

That would be my suggestions as well. You can easily reach lvl60 with DD50 and SS to have the next BB for the BB-Operations.

1 hour ago, baldrick said:

I bought the BB (Gneisenau), but the lvl50 DD was not in the game at that time. I guess it's up to you and your game style. Another thing to consider is that you can vet the DD pretty fast (I did 2-3 days playing a couple of hours per day) while the BB will take ages (4000xp for vet BB captain in Germany) and also DD upgrades are considerably cheaper in steel compared to BB.

If you grind the BB for exp and don't buy experienced crew with gold you will hit lvl 55 before vetting the BB, another thing to consider if you aim to get the 55 lvl SS or CV.

In conclusion: I would get the DD as it's lots of fun, then save steel for lvl 55 SS or the lvl 50 BB (I'm not a CV guy).

PS sorry for complicating things more instead of helping

PS2 what nation are you playing?

Very insightful, boss. I am playing KM. Guess I will skip that BB1 then.

And that leads to next question: Opro or Bismarck?

28 minutes ago, Neuner said:

That would be my suggestions as well. You can easily reach lvl60 with DD50 and SS to have the next BB for the BB-Operations.

Okay, 2 votes for DD50, i shall try it out soon

Haven't got the O pro (requires gold to build), Bismark is fine. I'm still working on it - you can see the Bismark thread for more info and setup.

Don't write off the Gneisenau yet - I've got her (Gneisenau) to Vet status before getting the Bismark (at the expense of the SS and CV that are still 1 star)

14 minutes ago, baldrick said:

Haven't got the O pro (requires gold to build), Bismark is fine. I'm still working on it - you can see the Bismark thread for more info and setup.

Don't write off the Gneisenau yet - I've got her (Gneisenau) to Vet status before getting the Bismark (at the expense of the SS and CV that are still 1 star)

Hmm, considering great improvement over the HA, i shall able to buy and messing with Gneisenau while continue farming for steel with my CA+DDs, 

when level 55, i will then fill the last slot in HA with a CV, then sub.

These 3 new babies should make me less bored when leveling to Bismarck, my dreamboat

Don't miss out on lvl50 DD fun - you'll regret it (tip: you can piss off any ship by running circles around it at speed doing respectable damage with your guns and hunt subs for fun - i built it with hedgehogs and it's a sub killer)

55 minutes ago, baldrick said:

Don't miss out on lvl50 DD fun [...] - i built it with hedgehogs and it's a sub killer)

I play it very often myself, to cover fleetmates while levelling their BB. 

Upgraded Maingun only once, to have manual AAW (I know about the lack of damage, but love to blind the enemy) and HH for ASW...

Give it a try, but spare "NFKM Wolfsrudel" when you see it 🤣

Try it with guns 3, you can engage and ruin even battleships if you stay a respectable distance away and manoeuvre a lot (until you try it on a vet BB and one shots you to oblivion)

I agree with blinding the enemy - wins battles

Wow, now it sounds like a pcl, cant wait to try that out.

It's a great toy to use against carriers as well. Mine (Tribal and Shimakaze) don't have manual AAW, but anything that flies too low is fishfood. Agree on the running around ships as well, especially the Shimakaze can sail around a bb faster than the bb can turn its guns :P

After days of leveling...

Yeah, it packs hell lot of fun, i have better chances to win GB in DD50 than hipper O.o