Ena

neft those cl texas

16 posts in this topic

i think that texas should be neft since it small, fast,have good dam with good firerate and little tankie,and it have scout too

it shouldnt have scout or reduce dam or speed,hull etc

Hi everyone, i agreed,they should reduce the speed, they seem to be coastal defense vessels (like the Swedish ones) but in reality they were well-armed but very slow ships; in the game, too often, remain the last ship, difficult to hit by losing much time, people connect to play frequently for short periods; not everyone has much time to throw into exhausting hunting, is study or work. Greeting at all

I would suggest to just enlarge them to CL standard size and reduce speed halfway between DD and CL as it is next to impossible to hit one, even with manual guns if it keeps its distance from the bigger ships. Same applies to all premium CL18s not only Texas. In general, while fun to play, are a bit unbalanced.

DD50s are also very fast, strong and have torpedoes/hhs but because of their physical size are very vulnerable to CAs and BBs (as they should be).

S Gorskov: Don't know which Swedish ships you mean, but most navies had monitors, many with BB guns (2 UK monitors even had 18"), for coastal operations, but these were not blue water vessels or meant for ship to ship action - only shore bombardment and army support.

35 minutes ago, baldrick said:

I would suggest to just enlarge them to CL standard size and reduce speed halfway between DD and CL as it is next to impossible to hit one, even with manual guns if it keeps its distance from the bigger ships. Same applies to all premium CL18s not only Texas. In general, while fun to play, are a bit unbalanced.

DD50s are also very fast, strong and have torpedoes/hhs but because of their physical size are very vulnerable to CAs and BBs (as they should be).

S Gorskov: Don't know which Swedish ships you mean, but most navies had monitors, many with BB guns (2 UK monitors even had 18"), for coastal operations, but these were not blue water vessels or meant for ship to ship action - only shore bombardment and army support.

dd50 is ok ,can manual aim to sink it and it dont have scout to keep a distance

the only way to sink those cl premium 18 is try to take close range as possible as you can

5 minutes ago, Ena said:

dd50 is ok ,can manual aim to sink it and it dont have scout to keep a distance

Precisely why I recommend to adjust size (and some speed) of CL18 premium to be in line with other CLs - DDs are same speed but not (very) unbalanced.

Of course this will draw a lot of rage from CL18 premium users.

I think all of the fast cruisers (premium CL18s) are way over performing. they are faster and smaller than most Destroyers, with higher firepower than most other CLs.. Their small size and speed makes them harder to hit than destroyers, and they have a decent amount of hull, so when you do hit, they can tank a lot of shots.

Edited by Woodmorning

42 minutes ago, Woodmorning said:

I think all of the fast cruisers (premium CL18s) are way over performing. they are faster and smaller than most Destroyers, with higher firepower than most other CLs.. Their small size and speed makes them harder to hit than destroyers, and they have a decent amount of hull, so when you do hit, they can tank a lot of shots.

And they have irresponsibly strong AAW too. Making CVs need to sacrifice squads to attack it (but may not hit due to its small size)

All the proof on the balance of the golden CL18s in a video (battle starts at 9:45):

Note: Burke's "Blue Ghost" is a lvl 120 battleship with master crew. Holdinmonsta's Iowa is (i think) 1 star crew, my Bismark 3 star except for the captain that is still 2 star, Ibbsky's Gamelin veteran crew, Slone's sub vet crew... you get the picture - a formidable fleet

So nice, so good ;) Small fleet on fleas win battle with great fleet ;) Respect

Two more suggestion on secondary gun auto-targeting:

All secondary guns have poor accuracy due to their short ranges. They fire in a HIGH ANGLE when the target is at their far range and the delay of high flying shells make the auto targeting miss target always. This is somehow ridiculous because in real life guns with small caliber will only shoot in low angle for a faster and more accurate hit.

Beside, in  close combat due to the small size of CL18, the auto-target system, that aim the CENTRE POINT of the CL, would also make shells impossible to hit.

This two faults make BBs and CAs can only use MAIN GUN tor close combat defence against CL18. How unrealistic!

It is appreciate that the devs have already make all CAs (except Mogami 1944) have manual AAW function for game balance. Please improve sec gun accuracy also for crediting BB users.

27 minutes ago, Outsider said:

So nice, so good ;) Small fleet on fleas win battle with great fleet ;) Respect

Yes they played it beautifully and only did what they could to survive. Point is though that CLs could not only stand their ground versus BBs, but they managed respectable damage too.

Taking a full broadside and not getting crippled (>50% damage) is not on par with their own class, considering most other CLs would be outright destroyed.

Even when some hits were made these had detrimental effect - I can recall 500-1000 damage done when a shell happened to score a hit.

4 minutes ago, Davmak said:

All secondary guns have poor accuracy due to their short ranges. They fire in a HIGH ANGLE when the target is at their far range and the delay of high flying shells make the auto targeting miss target always. This is somehow ridiculous because in real life guns with small caliber will only shoot in low angle for a faster and more accurate hit.

In real life guns were limited in range by the targeting systems and spotting ranges, not so much from shell range. for example, Hood fired at Bismark at 26km, Bismark hit Hood at 14km range. Bismark's guns had an effective range of 36km, Hood's 30km and Prince of Wales' 33km. Later during the chase Bismark was also spotted at 23km range, again no hits until range closed down. In Leyte Gulf West Virginia hit Yamashiro at 20km range.

The secondary gun effective ranges were from 15 to 20+ km (with 4" in the lower end and 6" to the higher) so in reality secondary guns could be (and most certainly had been) used in naval battles at the more or less same ranges as the big guns.

Source of data: wikipedia (I know it's not the most reliable source, but it's handy)

The idea of premium ship, or spending gold in Navyfield is allowing players to enjoy stronger ships (in later shiptree) earlier by spending golds. For example a premium CA25 is more or less as strong as a CA41, or Super Yamota at lv 90 has similar gun as Yamato in lv100. No game balance is broken in this sense and all players, no matter the gold payer or others, enjoy the harmony as all ships compete in the same curve.

However, all of us know that the game balance is heavily broken by pocket CL. A small, fast ship with a CA level cannon and AAW, and what’s more, armmed with unrealistically heavy armour. Is out of the curve of all other ships. 

This kind of monsters are flooded in all battles. They make games long and boring. There have been fleet already formed by purely pocket CL. I think there will be even more fleets follow.

The dev can:

1) nerf pocket CL to DD50 level;

2) refund to the buyers, and eliminate pocket CL from the game.

I think, (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the premium CL18s haven't always been so OP, just for a couple of months. Before that I remember to be able to cripple them with a good shot from my lvl 50 BB (after which they had lost their speed and were sitting ducks) and their guns wouldn't hit a BB harder than it was repaired.

Even then their small size and DD speed made them much stronger than their class (and cost and level) suggests.

In any case I don't think anyone enjoys chasing around a small ship for 10 mins.

Agreed on both.

I think their stats had been increased some weeks ago. 

And I can remember endless discussions about hunting SS until the battle timed out. That's what the capture zone was made for. Maybe that one needs to be decreased in size every minute... 🤔