Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davmak

Soviet Navy Advantages?

4 posts in this topic

How come there’re no posts about Soviet and let me start the first. And it’s about nation comparison.

So since different nations have their own naval philosophy and shiptree design:

Royal Nany use thick ship with powerful guns to defend English Channel; KM use long guns to bombard across North Sea and protect their ships with Manuel AAW and SS; IJN start surprise attack with fast ships, torps and planes; and US use Air Force and AAW to defend the Pacific.

What is the uniqueness of Soviet Navy? Looking forward to seeing your views!

1319029E-4455-4BDD-8378-97EF14773E7F.jpeg

Edited by Davmak

Hi there, I can't give an extense and exact opinion as I haven't reach the high level ships on SN yet, but here it goes my experience for now, feel free to correct my thoughts if they're incorrect ^_^.

The Soviet Navy main advantage is their "Balance".

Their hull is usually good, while their armor is the standard and doesn't have a bonus like UK.

Their speed is the same as UK ships, which is not bad, but slower than USA and IJN.

The main guns ( Talking about BB's ) range can differ between 2650 and 2900, I prefer the upgrades with 2650 range as they provide good shell damage and as consequence high broadside damage. I don't know if the BB's 90 and 100 have different stats on their main guns and the range/damage improve, I have seen some players with Stalingrad BB's with 4 barrels in their turrets..

The CA's have good firepower and they're very fun to use.

Probably my favorite characteristic is their large amount of launchers in their DD's, and the possibility of using mines, which are very powerful on SN.

I don't have experience on their SS and CV. From what I have seen in online battles, the size of their SS is medium/big and they have between 6 to 10 torpedos, which is a good amount.

I hope a main Soviet Navy player can give us it's point of view, and again, feel free to correct me if something is not correct.

Thanks Alta.

i want to add that one advantage of SN ships is their high fire rate. Most ships, including CA41, DD50 and many BBs have four turrents with three barrels, making a great boardside damage as well as flexible shooting angle.

However, the setback of such arrangement is the lower range and shell damage compared to BB in other nations that use larger calibre guns with great damage penetration against thick armour.

The short preparation time in war makes SN ships suffer from low technology level. And it is hoped that stronger ships can show up after lv90.

2 hours ago, Davmak said:

[...]i want to add that one advantage of SN ships is their high fire rate. Most ships, including CA41, DD50 and many BBs have four turrents with three barrels, making a great boardside damage as well as flexible shooting angle.

However, the setback of such arrangement is the lower range and shell damage compared to BB in other nations that use larger calibre guns with great damage penetration against thick armour.[...]

I'd say SN BB50 is best of that level and quite easy to play.  Not that high level player myself bit looking foreward to the big BB.

👍🏻