Davmak

This game is flawed by incomplete wof system (updated)

11 posts in this topic

Most players in this game spend their time and gold for enjoyment and friendship, but the overall impression of the game is badly overshadowed by the poor-designed wof system.

In NFM society there are fleets with old and new players with stronger or weaker ships, or fleets in different time zones with different number of availabe player. Inbalance is inevitable as the game develop and a health and sustainable game system should allow all players enjoy.

However, the over-simplified system now make fleets unable to fight with those in similar levels. Fleets will get attacked once they enter to wof room (even just for checking availabe fleets) and they have no options to deny the attack. This make no fleets want to show up (except those with large player number and ready for hunting others). Fleet leader thus need to negotiate for a long long time before they enter to the wof room, wasting so much on players’ time. The inadequate number of fleets showing up making fewer battles made between, and hence a worse quality of the game. The game will DIE if old players have no platform to battle and new players are always defeated by the olds.

Maintaining the quality of game and reducing the time cost of forming wof should be the responsibility of the game developers. But yet,  nothing improved in these months. This make players spending their time and gold question on the sincerity on how much the devs want to fix the problem.

The suggestions are very simple:

1) In the ‘War of Fleets’ command, before assigning members (“Assign Member”) into wof channel, add a panel of showing up online fleets. Fleet members can thus check available fleets before deciding enter to wof channel or not.

2) Set different rooms for wof after ‘Assign Member’. Rooms can be, for instance, as such follow:

- WOF Beginner (max 5 v 5 battle for DD, CL and CA only)

- WOF Expert (max 5 v 5 battle for ships level under 80 only)

- WOF Professional (max 5v 5 battle with no ship limitations)

- Great WOF (max 10 v 10 game with no ship limitations)

The rewarding rank points can be different so that different fleets can have their platforms to enjoy. Again, dividing the platforms is a must to sustain a game.

I want to hear the replies from the devs to see whether they have plans or sincerity to improve the wof system. Old players have been tired for dealing with the tricks and abuse used by some fleets. We are not angry about their acts as they just abuse the game system, but we are really disappointed about the slow response of the developers.

c.c. [email protected]

DavmakHK

update: the devs has replied.

Edited by Davmak

One more word, we come here to enjoy and make friends, but not come here to face mistrust and dishonesty. We are tired of organising good and fair wof battles and it should have been the responsibility of the game system designed by the devs.

Friends if you agree with me and also want to seek for a better wof society, feel free to copy and edit my words and email it to the devs ([email protected]). 

Further actions will be considered if situation is still not improved. Because we deserve a better one.

Regards,

DavmakHK 

Devs must remove fleet rewards and start to work on Fleet War event as they said.Or same gold to all top10 fleets.Players are getting tired of this and are leaving the game as well. Also, players are getting crazy about this issue (gold) and they think they can fix it saying sorry, WTF. Then, forget about WoF rules (famous rules) and show all your players. It seems every fleet is attacking now with more players for an easy win but always scared with the  same number of players.

5 hours ago, Davmak said:

[...]In NFM society there are fleets with old and new players with stronger or weaker ships, or fleets in different time zones with different number of availabe player. Inbalance is inevitable as the game develop and a health and sustainable game system should allow all players enjoy.[...]

Totally agree with that!

[...] add a panel of showing up online fleets. Fleet members can thus check available fleets before deciding enter to wof channel or not.[...]

Wouldn't that make it more easy to stay in the dark and just waiting for those who are so naive to show up and attack them without warning?🤔

[...] Fleet leader thus need to negotiate for a long long time before they enter to the wof room, wasting so much on players’ time. [...]

Yep... that's horrible waste of time AND you always have to fear those negotiations in global get noticed by those fleets who read 3×3 wof and waiting for you to show up only to attack with full force and ruin your "date"...

My suggestions wouldn't be that four kinds of WoF, but being able to "search for WoF":

Set your fleet to war only by giving a cap of Players and a limitation to ships-level without designing captains. If there's a fleet willing to meet your conditions, they can attack you. And in those three minutes before battle both fleets have to designate the captains and enter with ships according to the cap-level. (Those limits are done in beginner and expert battles so should be easy to programm)

[...]The rewarding rank points can be different so that different fleets can have their platforms to enjoy. [...]

Agree to differentiating point-system such as 5 points for limited, 10points for unlimited…

Making more fleets willing to show up could as well get done by giving 1 point for every 15mins while your fleet is set to war...

----------------------------
...of course there are other suggestions such as:
Only captains which are in the fleet the moment when the ranking is reset and the wof-round starts, should be able to participate in WoF.

Looking forward to great and fair competition.
Neuner

2 hours ago, Neuner said:

My suggestions wouldn't be that four kinds of WoF, but being able to "search for WoF":

Set your fleet to war only by giving a cap of Players and a limitation to ships-level without designing captains. If there's a fleet willing to meet your conditions, they can attack you. And in those three minutes before battle both fleets have to designate the captains and enter with ships according to the cap-level. (Those limits are done in beginner and expert battles so should be easy to programm)

My goal is to start the spark and add public pressure to the devs. 

There must be more better suggestions than mine.

Wekend will pass soon and see how the company replies us.

Edited by Davmak

These are all great ideas. The issue has been discussed countless times between Chiefs and in the war room. The solution it seems to me should not be that hard to implement. This being said I have to agree with davmak as to the Devs intentions. True this is a free game and you can reach Captain level 120 without spending any money. However from when I started playing this game approximately last April they have implemented waiting periods(for example) so incredibly long you are compelled to buy gold.

The wof situation should have been resolved a long time ago. And as a"paying" customer I am disappointed that it is not being resolved.

Isn't wof what this game was supposed to be all about anyways?

12 hours ago, 1diddy said:

Isn't wof what this game was supposed to be all about anyways?

Yes indeed.

PvP lays the most importance in this game, then goes to the development of a fleet. We build culture for the NFM society and in fleets we help the devs to train new comers. 

But the devs put so little efforts in improving in fleet development: backward WoF system, no infleet training/ duels between fleet, no special in-game page for guild/fleet......

All hinder the gaming experience for players.

Should we keep paying gold for this xxxx? We need the reply from the devs.

Update with devs reply:

Dear DavmakHK

Thank you for the report on WOF.

We are planning Big system for fleets.

However it's really big system like conquering harbor, it will take more than months.

Before Big system, we will improve the current WOF like adding "Reject Button" for matching Fleet.

We will patch some features for WOF asap.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

From Team NF

Well done Dav...

...but I'm excited what kind of drama that reject-button will add to the already existing and superfluous bullying, taunting and insulting... 🤔

On 1/9/2018 at 0:52 AM, Neuner said:

but I'm excited what kind of drama that reject-button will add to the already existing and superfluous bullying, taunting and insulting... 🤔

Well, if attacks can be rejected, then there will be many fleets do boosting with their friendly fleets. The game is still flawed in this way.

Hm... I don't know many fleets doing that kind of internal WoF, but obviously there are some.

But with the point-system as it is now, that secondary fleet needs to get points from elsewhere, or those internal battles won't do any good I think (regarding that you don't get points in a WoF against an enemy thats too low in points).

So correct me, but internal Battles won't do alone, I think?