Joseph Templar

Automatic/Manual AAW

8 posts in this topic

Recently I update. The AAW has been change. And failed to impressed me. It misses a lot! Doesn't protect me at all from incoming air raid! So first i wanted that to be change back! But suggestion from Neuner wasn't bad at all. As the matter of fact i like his idea! Better implement Auto/manual AAW like the main gun does. Thank you.

Edited by Joseph Templar
Request from Neuner to remove "Kleiner". 👍

You might leave out "kleiner" wich means little 🤣

Also while in main guns aiming at a point of a ship mostly works (for small ranges at least), AA guns should compensate for target movement (deflection). A simple suggestion is to aim a pecentage of the gun-target distance ahead of the plane (devs should figure out how much). Will still miss manoeuvring and circling planes but at least manage to hit a couple flying in a straight line.

I am disappointed by the change of manual to automatic aaw with recent update 3.7.0. The manual aaw was a demaning feature and it needed some experience to handle it. But once mastered, it was fun to shoot down planes. Moreover, the aaw-ships played a significant role for the team in "great battle" as well as in "war of fleets". With the update, the general automatic aaw mode made this skill useless and deprived the game of a fun action. Even worse, it is less efficient in shooting down planes than manual aaw.

I therefore suggest to role back this part of the update. 

As far as I'm aware the devs are adding a button that will disable or enabled automatic AA. Just like how the main guns are now.

35 minutes ago, Ethor98 said:

As far as I'm aware the devs are adding a button that will disable or enabled automatic AA. Just like how the main guns are now.

Nice, next step to toggle the target of auto guns (surface or air) when not in focus and improving the auto aim by adding some deflection.

I feel sorry for the cv captains... something needs to be done to avoid destroying the balance (if auto aaw becomes efficient).

9 hours ago, baldrick said:

Nice, next step to toggle the target of auto guns (surface or air) when not in focus and improving the auto aim by adding some deflection.

I feel sorry for the cv captains... something needs to be done to avoid destroying the balance (if auto aaw becomes efficient).

I'm a huge cv player myself yeah I don't want that 😂