Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CommanderZen

Noob Questions

2 posts in this topic

Here's a list of mostly unanswered questions I wish were in the FAQ, from a noob's perspective:

• When training a crew member, it says he is unavailable: does this mean he is not helping your performance in battle and not gaining experience during training?
  • What is the purpose of the communication tower and what do range points do?
  • How do we know if belt or deck armor is being hit? All shots even close range appear to be 'lobbed' up in the air a great deal. Is belt vs deck hit based on distance between ships, or specific gun angles, or both? 
  • When upgrading buildings, such as steel mill and oil depot, does production halt until upgrade is complete?
  • Do crews transfer between ships? Answer: No.
  • What is the maximum number of components (slots filled) you can have on a ship? Answer: 8; this means you can't fully equip ships.
  • How do you aim at planes with AA guns?
  • If my ship is not repaired 100%, will I enter single player and/or multiplayer games with lower than maximum hitpoints; will this be reflected in my hitpoint bar or will it simply show 100% at all times during the start?

59 minutes ago, CommanderZen said:

When training a crew member, it says he is unavailable: does this mean he is not helping your performance in battle and not gaining experience during training?

1) Ans: Training crew member will not play in GB but can still earn crew xp.

1 hour ago, CommanderZen said:

What is the purpose of the communication tower and what do range points do?

2) Ans: For Harbour Assualt- a good way to farm steels and captain xp when your hands are not free.

How do we know if belt or deck armor is being hit? All shots even close range appear to be 'lobbed' up in the air a great deal. Is belt vs deck hit based on distance between ships, or specific gun angles, or both? 

3) Ans: Usually in close range shells will hit on belt and in long range shells in higher shooting angle will hit on deck.

When upgrading buildings, such as steel mill and oil depot, does production halt until upgrade is complete?

4) Ans: Steel mill and oil refinery will stop their productions during upgrading. So reserve more oil before upgrade your oil refinery.

How do you aim at planes with AA guns?

7) Ans: Long press the circle of ‘aaw’ and you can switch between auto and manual mode.

If my ship is not repaired 100%, will I enter single player and/or multiplayer games with lower than maximum hitpoints; will this be reflected in my hitpoint bar or will it simply show 100% at all times during the start?

8) Ans: No until the maintainence is below 70% Maximum Hull and ship performance will drop to 75%.