Joseph Templar

There's Something WRONG With Your Torpedo Planes

2 posts in this topic

The torpedo bombers act more weird and weirder as time pass. But this time i can't tolerate no more! I don't know this affect other nation or not since i only had CV on UK nation.

Sometimes when i select enemy ships to attack, the torpedo bomber, either they launch torpedo, or none at all then attempt to return home. When i reselect the enemy ships, they refuse to attack and return home! With the torpedo still on their plane! I select many time they just won't do it.

If you said its because the line of sight, weather, too close, running out of fuel, enemy ship disappear in fog of war,  DEAD WRONG! Even before the weather is added, its been persist for YEARS! And i know how far my plane can go and when they run out of fuel. And moreover that enemy ship is closer with half of the fuel still on the plane when retrieved! And if they did run out of fuel, they just return back home even how many times you order them to linger around. But this! If i select to a random area, they can still lingering around. That is enough to tell me they got enough fuel. 

And yes, when the torpedo bomber approach the target and start to lower altitude, then suddenly weather change, making the torpedo bombers lost its target in fog of war, they attempt to return with their torpedo still intact. But here's the issue, when you reselect once more either in bad weather or good as long that plane can see the target, they won't launch anymore. THIS IS RECENT BY THE WAY.

Yes this has been persist for years but its hard for me to report since this thing happened randomly. Something they show the problem, sometimes they don't. Another reason why i don't have screenshots. It strikes when you least expect it. But I've been struck by this many times even since last years! It's starting to annoy me.

Its NOT OKAY when you got a chance to sink enemy ships, especially ITS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO WIN, only to be crushed and destroyed by a squadron of torpedo plane refuse to launch a torpedo attack. Even when torpedo still intact!

Another problem with torpedo bomber is when you select to attack a ship that is close enough they unable to launch it, surely they will climb back to readjust. But here's the problem, when they reach high enough to readjust and realign, they just did not resume attack. Only lingering around the area they supposed to realign. When you reselect the same ship they supposed to attack, they refuse to attack! Even the targeted ship is far enough to resume their attack! They keep linger the area. They only start attacking the same ship if you select random area (or any ships that far. Selecting other very close ship will only repeat the problem) then select the same ship again. But this will repeat the problem if the same ship is very close to them that they can't launch torpedo. Thus repeating the process. Which is annoying, losing them to fighter/AAW, wasting time and squadron slot and wasting attack strike.

And lastly, this also for me problematic but i encountered it less and less lately. But i better report this anyway so it wont haunt me later. Like i said, i only use UK carrier so i did not know whether it works or not. A torpedo plane, launching their torpedoes, INSIDE MY SHIP!!! Other nation torpedo bomber carrier can attack at extremely illogical distance while my UK carrier can never do such thing. It happens everytime they attack my carrier's rear. Even BB! If i attempt to do it, my torpedo bombers will immediately pull up and readjust. Why other can while UK can't?

Only happens when being attack at rear. Rendering me to be absolutely ZERO percent chance to evade! Not even speed will save me if they already inside my ships rear. IT'S NOT FAIR!

THERE YOU GO! FIX IT! 

Same as my CV tier A indefatigable of UK