baldrick

More War of Fleets Action

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday (Admiral Joseph i think) suggested in global chat that active fleets should get some points just for that (being active).

I am in support of this as it will allow for more War of fleets (wof).

Suggestion 1: give points hourly to active fleets (eg. 1,2,3 points/hour to beginner,expert,master respectively) - as these are A LOT of points 24-72 daily, 336/1008 in 2 weeks, wof point win/loss per battle should be at least doubled (expecting more wofs)

Suggestion 2: Players/Leader should be able to change ship until the last moment before the battle starts. At. e.g. the 30sec countdown every participating player should be taken to a war of fleets screen to pick their ship.

Suggestion 3: Attacking fleet should not bring more ships than defending in battle (with lower limits 3,4,6 for beginner, expert, master)

will it be enough to encourage them to "come out from the shadow" and do more wof?

11 hours ago, Joseph Templar said:

will it be enough to encourage them to "come out from the shadow" and do more wof?

If the points for being active are many, then you either "come out of the shadow" or you're not in top ten. Unfortunately this will hinder smaller/regional fleets that are only active specific hours of the day (usually afternoon-evening of wherever the fleet members are).

To counter this the max "active" points could be capped to 10-15 per day (3-4h in master). In that case wof point win/loss does not need to be adjusted.

good point. But still this idea need to be inspect  very carefully. Even how trivial it may seem, small matter can be huge problem. Dont want another "drama" happened.

11 hours ago, Joseph Templar said:

Dont want another "drama" happened.

"Drama" will happen with any major change in the game mechanics, Especially a change that completely alters the WoF system.

If it is done incrementally maybe the drama will be less - maybe start with 2h cap and slowly increase either time or points per time unit with each patch depending on reactions.

Adding a wof daily task may also incentivise some players for more wof.

Talk about wof its very important to change when searching opponet system ( manual searching ) its suck. Also this game must have defend from clone app. I guess .IMHO

7 hours ago, Joseph Templar said:

I think we better start giving ideas because i think dev doesn't know what they're doing...

Baldrick can you give a link to your ideas in the FB perhaps? Maybe i can read it via browsers. Orbshow us? 

1 hour ago, Mai kuswara said:

Baldrick can you give a link to your ideas in the FB perhaps? Maybe i can read it via browsers. Orbshow us? 

In fb what i did was put a link here, hoping someone will be interested and add his ideas here for further discussion or at least add his support.

fb is volatile, while good for a heated discussion it, posts get quickly buried and forgotten

Ideas to get fleets out of the shadows:

1. Attacking fleet may not have more ships than defender and higher tier. For example I get my fleet in wof room with a D, D, C and B tier ships, attacker should be limited to 4 players and B tier max

2. Defending fleet strength by number and tier of ships: strength in points* by tier F=2, E=3, D=4, C=5, B=6, A=8, S=10. So the D,D,C,B above will worth 19 points, I can attack with an S and an A (18 points) or 5 E tiers and a D (19 points) or whatever i think is best

*points per tier indicative - need playtesting to create truly competitive not favouring high, mid or low tiers

One of the above, combined with points given for being active should address both the inactive fleets issue and the fear of getting overpowered by a fleet entering with overwhelming strength

I see. But to be honest, its been a long time our fleet didn't do wof. So i have fully forget how wof works anymore. But if this surely can improve WOF system for better competition, less to no WOF cheat AKA clone fleet, returning the fun it lost, i support this.

4 hours ago, Joseph Templar said:

I see. But to be honest, its been a long time our fleet didn't do wof. So i have fully forget how wof works anymore. But if this surely can improve WOF system for better competition, less to no WOF cheat AKA clone fleet, returning the fun it lost, i support this.

The idea is to get points, you have to be active and open to attack, then attacks will reshuffle points - but if attacking fleet can't be more powerful than defending it is down to skill and outsmarting your opponent. 

If winner gets points from loser then battling between main and clone will reshuffle points but not generate new - you'd have to stay active to generate or grab them from a third fleet.