Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S Gorskov

Type 93 Torpedo on IJN's CAs (lack)

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone , this is an open letter to the developers :) , first of all thanks to the continuous improvements, in one of these it would be possible to eliminate the sacrilege of the lack of formidable torpedoes ("Long Lance" Type 93 Torpedo) supplied in almost all heavy cruisers of the IJN, it is assumed that IJN has unique ships, then why not put the torpedoes on the two CA25 and CA32 (btw, they are very weak and useless), the "Long Lance" have been certainly determining in many naval battles and have been a unique feature of the IJN (btw, now that I play less I have much more time to annoy with continuous requests, try to make the game more interesting so I will not torment you LOL). greetings to all

Nelson class was also armed with 24.5 in torpedoes, many other battleships and most heavy cruisers were also armed with torpedoes - usually of the "standard" 21in varieties.

Battleships and cruisers also carried impressive AA guns (Yamato was re-fitted with 162 25mm AA guns in 1944/45 in addition to 30 5&6 inch guns and AA "Sanshiki" shells for her 18" guns).

Trying to model all these in the game will result in completely useless DDs and CLs.

________

Edit: I'd rather see the Furious given the 18" guns that were designed and made for her, but never got them. (This won't unbalance the game as a CA with just 2 18" guns will still be severely outmatched by every battleship of the game - she will just be an oddball like kitakami or mogami'44)

Edited by baldrick

3 hours ago, baldrick said:

Nelson class was also armed with 24.5 in torpedoes, many other battleships and most heavy cruisers were also armed with torpedoes - usually of the "standard" 21 in varieties

Hello Baldrick

I know very well all this but the real important difference is in the use frequency; the IJN was focused on the torpedo tactical war also on the CAs, while the other Navies did not consider the torpedo as a predominant weapon, only accessory for heavy ships, excluding the WWI seems to exist a single torpedo case between BBs (Rodney against Bismarck only to accelerate the sinking) a little bit to put the torpedoes on the Provence (hehehe), while there are many examples of the use (with success) of the torpedoes by the Japanese CAs, btw, i would see the Furious with 18" and tha SS90 RN with one 305" too, now it is useless and much more weak that SS79 RN; anyway in my precedent post i mean that if the IJN must be "unique" i think right that have one of his most developed and most famous weapon system, only imho , of course and telling the truth, the IJN seems (inexplicably) a bit weak in this game (mainly in BBs sector), only my personal opinion, perhaps i wrong

43 minutes ago, S Gorskov said:

Hello Baldrick

I know very well all this but the real important difference is in the use frequency; the IJN was focused on the torpedo tactical war also on the CAs, while the other Navies did not consider the torpedo as a predominant weapon, only accessory for heavy ships, excluding the WWI seems to exist a single torpedo case between BBs (Rodney against Bismarck only to accelerate the sinking) a little bit to put the torpedoes on the Provence (hehehe), while there are many examples of the use (with success) of the torpedoes by the Japanese CAs, btw, i would see the Furious with 18" and tha SS90 RN with one 305" too, now it is useless and much more weak that SS79 RN; anyway in my precedent post i mean that if the IJN must be "unique" i think right that have one of his most developed and most famous weapon system, only imho , of course and telling the truth, the IJN seems (inexplicably) a bit weak in this game (mainly in BBs sector), only my personal opinion, perhaps i wrong

True, looks like IJN BBs are weak (at least as far as BB50 and BB70 are concerned, didn't check further Mimoto's tables)

I wondered as well about the M type's (RN SS92) but never checked how they modeled the 305mm gun. It's a shame they didn't give it some punch, especially considering the size and vulnerability of this sub on the surface.

Re-Hello Baldrick :)

the case of M type SS is scandalous, if i not wrong it have one only gun with around 400/500 damage on not veteran target (i test it in Operation transports), SS90 K in SN have 2 of those guns and have more hull, so the huge size is a bit justified, but worst of all is that the SS90 RN is the ONLY UK SS that have 4 bow's torps (4+4) SS55 have 6+2, SS68 have 6+2 and SS79 have 6+4 and 15k hull vs 11K, all this make this poor ship without worth (imho), the only solution was give it the 305mm gun for one sort of  SS/Cruiser like the French Surcouf, i know that the gun was removed and not really using in wartime, but many ships in this game are only projects or incomplete build program, in this case the ship had been in fact built and only subsequently was removed the gun for treaty fault, the 305mm gun in M type SS have more legitimacy of many many entire ships in my lovable SN :)