S Gorskov

Free mines way in Bermuda/jungle and others Maps Raid

17 posts in this topic

Greetings to all, as promised to Diddy I try to post help to go into the minefields south of the Bermuda map, for this job where to thank Helmut's effort mainly (great as usual) and his very fast CL, thanks to Baldrick for the central passage in the "easy" maps , unfortunatly no image for this but is one little passage over 3th guns , working again on this (I hope that the DEVs will not get angry if we discover their work, to this you need an active comunity :P), sorry for my English and for the quality of the image

South passage.png

Edited by S Gorskov

Good investigation there! More of this please. 

Hello Mates, another help for Raid,(thanx Helmut again ;)), it is for "Semi-Easy" map, lol, greetings at all

semi-easy map-960x540.png

Greetings at All, we continue the "mapping work"🙂, this time are minefields well known by Raid's players, but this can be useful for novice players, thanx again Helmut, Martyn and all others (poor) players involved despite of themselves 😖, sorry🙂

Ice1-960x540.png

Ice2-960x540.png

In ice map. In middle 3 heavy gun must destroy. Because safe passage is near that spot. If map of expert raid and normal raid is same

hi there :ph34r:

If I might humbly add something on the icy map, there are mine fields behind the 3 canons, but yes, there is a passage to the 3rd islands wall (i wonder if there is north passage between 1st and 2nd islands walls?). If you come from the south after the 1st wall, you ve got to take north to the 3 canons and sail along the small rocks south east of the canons. When you bypass the last rock, you go straight right. You can go back south to the entry point of the channel, but there is a mine field at the entry of the channel through that 3rd islands wall, i dont know its complete extent because i still never have been beyond^^ I also wonder if there is a south passage after the 2nd wall, but i remember there is still a massive mine field and generally some bbs to warmly welcome you ;)

On the jungle map, there is also a north passage. if you start at the south sector, you have to go north west, until the horizontal barrier. there are like 2 wrecks between 2 squares of mines. You'll have to go near these wrecks by a south east / north west axis. Then you go into the north sector. There is another massive mine field north east before some angry canons. There is at least a left passage through it and i'm sure there is another way more to the right, but more exposed. thats why you cant go in there without a bb/cv efficient support ^^'. Anyway this should be the way to go to the exit zone. The south one takes too much time to go up.

Either way, a successful Raid of the lost explorers requires 1 strong cv, 1 strong bb and a solid but not foolhardy cl. This is the best combinaison because there are 'only' 10 enemies to destroy in a relative comfortable timing. If you're 4 or 5, against 15 or 20 enemies, it's necessary to have more cvs, 3 strong cv, 1 strong bb and a floating-rock cl.^_^

IMG.jpg

Edit to the "easy" map : the mini minefield at the south of the map, before the end minefield

easymap end wall south.jpg

Edited by Helmut la rascasse

edit to the "easy map" 2 : the exit passage through the end minefield, just above the 3 canons middle zone. you have to go by a south-south west / north east axis

easymap end wall middle.jpg

Is there a clear path to the occupy zone?

I had the impression they were just two parallel minefields, and the best way to occupy is to push through the mines just south or north of the guns where the minefield is thinner.

There is a similar minefield north, but i dont know if there is a 2nd free way between the one we discovered and the north passage.

I also think the south and north passages remain the fastest ways to the end zone since we start raids with bb or cv to endure that kind of minefields, but also it’s also the trickiest. Either your bb/cv is mastered and you can survive, either yours is veteren and you may follow another ship or will be in flames (but you can hope to reach the end). This free way may be convenient for a non veteran bb/cv or a cl/ca/ss when there is no more than a few enemies not in the zone. It will be complicated for a ca/cl without aaw/air/bb support and it’s reckless if it’s not at least partially mastered. A ss cannot hold enough his breath from the start until the end. I have not explored the middle of the map to see the minefields so i still dont know a direct and clear passage without firstly taking the south or north passage, but there is progress^_^

jungle map : entry passage from the south to the north zone, it's more a remember than a discover ;) 

IMG_0880.jpeg

icy map : mine field square for the middle zone of the 3rd compartment 

IMG_0885.jpeg