Blackdragon180DCYT

Ship Benefits

Question

As we all know all the ships have a distinct advj for each nation.  RN gun power. KM range. US hit points. IJN balanced SN balanced. 

Well it would be good to see certain advj added to the game. US anti air RN/KM/IJN secondary power SN torpedo launchers. We all know that each of these ships had something better than the other in ww2. If these ships had this it would make these ships formidable and dangerous like there supposed 2. This would technically mean that cruisers and destroyers would be out matched but these ships should be hard to hit so a torp upgrade would make these ships comparible. Currently we know that so.e ships are OP (Province/QV) some changes like this would make the game more interesting because of these advj. The destroyer and cruiser torp range is to short. 

If you have any suggestions say em.

5 answers to this question

As Baldrick stated, every ship has a distinct role in the game that should be observed. You shouldn't expect to beat a battleship in a CL (although it can be done, if you're lucky). Likewise, you shouldn't expect to beat a skilled dd player in a ss or even cv. As far as the QV is concerned, it's massively powerful and requires strong team work to take down, but so do all 100+ ships. If three big bb's gang up on my Vic there's a good chance that I'll be fishfood before I sink even one of them.

The only downside to all this is that it needs every ship in a game to be piloted by a skilled captain. Bots are usually easily slaughtered, accounting for the many 8 vs 1 games.

As far as the higher level cl's and ca's are concerned: I'd say they would be a good addition, but they should not make the lower level battleships obsolete. A poor lvl 50/60 player has enough of a challenge fending off the regular 41's.

Here were some thoughts, enjoy :P

How can Destroyers and Cruisers be balanced to BBs and CVs (and the OP SSs)?

Each ship has a different function in the fleet - DDs and CLs are AAW and ASW ships, but vulnerable to gunfire, CAs are fast, small and nimble gunships with good (the best in the game) AAW capabilities.

Already some CAs have a lot of power compared to BBs, as with the much higher reload rate they dispense as much damage as a BB in close ranges.

I personally like the rock, paper, scissors feeling in the game, every ship is useful and must work together for victory.

As for the QV being overpowered, yes she is but she has to go through 400 range to start firing her guns on my Stresemann - and if I let her sneak up on me its my fault. More difficult to control the distance vs Nebraskas

IJN's advantage is the huge overspeed bonus (not that it balances out range or power) and interesting ships (Kitakami and Mogami44).

Edited by baldrick
Edit: IJN advantage

You can play WoW if you want a balanced power between DD, CL/CA, BB and CV. :) 

Back to the question, there should be DD/CL/CA80 and beyond.

I agree to that. I do play wow. Kinda bad right now tho considering dd's are over powered at the current moment. In navy field carriers,ss and bbs are overpowered compared 2 the destroyers and cruisers. They do need a buff.