Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odinronin

a buggy shimkazee?

8 posts in this topic

I have a c tier shimkazee which stats claim to have 4 torpedoes at lvl 2 upgrade, however only 3 in gameplay.

this normal experience?

Maybe you should provide screenshots, including equipment page and battlefield. This will allow us to confirm the condition of your ship

The upgrade describes how many tubes each torp launcher fires. Launchers are 3 for Shimakaze and don't change by upgrades (much like gun turret number is fixed but gun barrels per turret may change by upgrading guns)

Oh thank you!

it does make sense!

I here is another scenario.

D lvl mogami 1938.  4 torpedo launchers.

in gameplay. I ready Clearly 4 on the fire button.  CLEARLY there is 4 range sights on torpedo. however ....

only 2 may fire in succession,  the other 2 range sights are unavailable until warm up time. At wich point again 2 tubes will fire, again reading a yellow warm up time for 2 torpedo range sights.

the result: never fired all 4 launchers in one succession. Effectively only having 2 available at any time.

Edited by odinronin

On 2020-10-25 at 9:59 PM, 愚蠢的人类 said:

Maybe you should provide screenshots, including equipment page and battlefield. This will allow us to confirm the condition of your ship

Ha! I totally waited until I was hopelessly bored to do Just that .

now I see our friend solved it like rubic cube with his eyes closed.

good work gents.

Launchers on most ships fire either side of the ship, you have to aim them the other side to fire all of them.

On 10/31/2020 at 8:56 PM, odinronin said:

Oh thank you!

it does make sense!

I here is another scenario.

D lvl mogami 1938.  4 torpedo launchers.

in gameplay. I ready Clearly 4 on the fire button.  CLEARLY there is 4 range sights on torpedo. however ....

only 2 may fire in succession,  the other 2 range sights are unavailable until warm up time. At wich point again 2 tubes will fire, again reading a yellow warm up time for 2 torpedo range sights.

the result: never fired all 4 launchers in one succession. Effectively only having 2 available at any time.

This is because the Mogami has a certain amount of torpedo launchers on one side. Take the Atlanta for an example. It has 2 launchers, 1 on each side. So, it can't fire both at once unless you don't move the launchers and press the launch button. This is the same for the Mogami. You can fire your first set of torpedos, then turn to the other side to fire the other 2