Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldrick

ship upgrades
Ship upgrade system

5 posts in this topic

While the ship upgrade system with the 8 slots is nice, as it is implemented there are actually only 2 builds for each ship, one for GB/WOF and one for HA.

FCS: As is only reason to upgrade is to get HA bonuses - no functionality in online battles. Suggestion: increase sight/radar/sonar bonuses and maybe add a 5% chance for critical hit (+50% damage or so) bonus at each upgrade.

Main Guns: for most CAs and BBs the lvl 3 guns are the only way to go. If the difference between levels was smaller there could be a reason to build a battleship with eg. gun lvl 1 or 2 in order to get some other upgrades.

Sec Guns: as is only reason to upgrade is to get AAW enabled status. Suggestion get all levels CL/CA sec guns AAW enabled (DD/CL prime guns where applicable) and give them different bonuses each level (eg. lvl 1 small range/slow reload/high damage, lvl 2 med range/med reload/ low damage, lvl 3 med range/ slow reload/ high damage) so any setting will be an option with higher levels a little more appealing

Armour: instead of belt/deck/bulge in separate upgrades have all of them in each, increasing by a percentage (eg. lvl1: 1000/600/250, lvl2: 1250/800/500, lvl3 1500/1000/1000)

Torpedoes: not bad as is. Hedgehogs need a small boost to become relevant again - probably a bundle of 5 as stated is a good idea

Speed: not bad as is

Flightdeck: Irrelevant in any ship other than CVs and mogami44. Could be dropped from other ships

Aircraft: is there any bonus for the fighter upgrade? if there is please make it apparent. if not a small one would be nice.

Edited by baldrick
Edit: deleted "I would like to see more options like bigger boosts at FCS (there is no reason to upgrade in any ship other than HA bonuses), probably add a critical hit chance there" as it was rephrased but the original paragraph remained

Someone should fly you to Souel so you can show them how things are done there.😎👍

As I mentioned before there can be sub-type in each slot.

Gun/ Sec. Gun: Type A can be shell damage enhanced but range compromised and Type B is vice versa.

Engine: Type A is normal max. speed enhanced (but compromise OH performance)  while Tyoe B is OH speed and duration enhanced but compromised in normal speed.

Armour: Type A is armour (damage reduction) enhanced while Type B is max. hull enhanced. 

Enhancement can be in addition to nations’ granted advantages so for example, IJN can make super fast ship in extreme OH performance.

5 hours ago, 1diddy said:

Someone should fly you to Souel so you can show them how things are done there.😎👍

I'm setting up a GoFundMe

1 minute ago, Davmak said:

As I mentioned before there can be sub-type in each slot.

I see your suggestion and partly* agree to that, but lets fix what we have before making the system more complex.

*as long as it does not interfere with each nation's "identity" - i.e. KM always having an advantage at range, RN at power, IJN at speed...