Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Selling premium ships

19 posts in this topic

Now when the new patch is coming, there will be different tiers of (premium) ships. If someone used all his/her gold to buy for example BB120, doesn't that person feel betrayed? The new tiers are better versions of the old ships but with same price so there is no point to buy lower tier ones.

The fact that it is not possible to sell premium ships is overall just ridiculous. It feels that NFM developers just want easy money this way. They want to force players to get 'new' higher tier ships and buy gold from them which makes the purchasing possible.

This is why selling should be implemented. And the amount of gold that we get back should be over 20 % (!). If that doesn't happen, well... I see this game as your very greedy attempt to gain money.

Hello 007, I agree with you and you will leave the players free to choose, personally I would not sell my BB120 even at 50% because it was tiring and long to bring it to "full veteran" but I agree that people should have a choice👍,greeting at all👋

Selling of premium ships should be at 100% or an option to upgrade to new tier when blueprints get available should be there. Investing a lot of gold and time to vet a premium ship just to become obsolete by a patch is just ridiculous.

On a second thought ships should be upgraded to higher tier (once blueprints are researched) by remaining in drydock for some time and using some steel (premium ships included) keeping the crew experience.

Edited by baldrick
Edit: strikethrough initial text to highlight afterthought

Yes, I agree with both of you. If all the BB120s, CV79s, SS79s, etc become obsolete just because this patch, then this patch should NOT be done.

I have myself used 1500 gold for Nelson and 1500 gold for A type thinking that they are worth investing. Now month after buying the latter I regret doing that. I had no idea that this kind of patch will come. I have wasted 3000 gold to complete trash!

They MUST add upgrading or selling options for ships. 

It would have been a lot easier and better for all of us if they could have just added France and Italy as completely new nations...

But I understand them. They just want to get their income. I'd do the same thing if I were one of them.

Edited by 007

hello Baldrick, hello 007, if you can console yourself, I got a lot worse, I spent 10,000 gold in 2 obsolete BB120 NOT improvable LOL, fortunately I stopped in time and I did not buy a third, I think now I focus my efforts on light and perhaps more fun ships, certainly less expensive; however I point out to developers that the news of the upcoming release of the nation Italy (separate) in June, being I just Italian, :-) I was prepared enthusiastically buying a premium of gold for any eventuality, expense that I would not have done if I had known that ended like this, maybe it could be even more fun (the management of 7 nations was perhaps excessive), but it was not a correct way to act, imho, however i hope that all us can have much fun with incoming BIG patch, greeting at all and sorry for my bad English

Not going to get into it too much right now until I've had some time to check it out. What I can say is that I'm extremely pissed to find that my BB 120 is now considered a middle-of-the-road piece of crap.

31 minutes ago, 1diddy said:

Not going to get into it too much right now until I've had some time to check it out. What I can say is that I'm extremely pissed to find that my BB 120 is now considered a middle-of-the-road piece of crap.

This update bought game breaking stuff that's for sure.

There are also good things in this update but for now...

A lot of gold went down the drain... My best ship now is with my least used and lowest level nation (a Tier A "Progetto UP41" BB - more when I build it)

The WOF system is once again broken as someone will take an S tier superbattleship, CV and SS in expert wof (as all Italian and French ships are now level 1). Can be easily fixed by capping by tier instead of level (should be included in update).

This is not a patch, I like to consider it as Navy Field Mobile 2 - only instead of shutting down the old game and starting a new one they force all the players to migrate to NFM2 (which is a good thing).

More later, when the update settles in

12 minutes ago, baldrick said:

There are also good things in this update but for now...

A lot of gold went down the drain... My best ship now is with my least used and lowest level (a Tier A "Progetto UP41" BB - more when I build it)

The WOF system is once again broken as someone will take an S tier superbattleship, CV and SS in expert wof (as all Italian and French ships are now level 1). Can be easily fixed by capping by tier instead of level (should be included in update).

This is not a patch, I like to consider it as Navy Field Mobile 2 - only instead of shutting down the old game and starting a new one they force all the players to migrate to NFM2 (which is a good thing).

More later, when the update settles in

Someone's got to teach me how to only quote the parts I want 😂

If they want to change formats go ahead. What they are doing is conducting experiments at cost to the player. An upgrade is supposed to enhance the playing experience... Not to put a system in place where they can sit back and see how much players have to spend before they even figure it out.

The patch notice gave no description of adding Russian roulet to Navy field. Let alone what the odds were of getting an a,b,c,d,x,y,z ship. And what did they have to make the tears so freaking complicated.... Couldn't just be that a is the best and the farther you go down the alphabet the worse it is, noooo.... They have to make it all a,d,b,t,w,h. now I ask you out of that group there which one would you think is the best?

I'll listen to my captains and add more later.

3 minutes ago, 1diddy said:

The patch notice gave no description of adding Russian roulet to Navy field. Let alone what the odds were of getting an a,b,c,d,x,y,z ship. And what did they have to make the tears so freaking complicated.... Couldn't just be that a is the best and the farther you go down the alphabet the worse it is, noooo.... They have to make it all a,d,b,t,w,h. now I ask you out of that group there which one would you think is the best?

Tiers are in reverse alphabet order with the exception of having "S" at the top (special? super?) so it is F, E, D, C, B, A, S

The Russian roulette as you say and I agree is there to piss off most players and make random (lucky) players powerful... only use I have for my Z1 E tier DD is to sell it for 5 "debris"

This just proves what I've always surmised. The devs are dyslexic and that's why nothing works right. 😂

Now please teach me how you edited only a certain part of that post. I need to figure that out. 😘

19 minutes ago, 1diddy said:

Now please teach me how you edited only a certain part of that post. I need to figure that out. 😘

highlight the text you want to quote, a "quote this" box should pop-up. (I'm using a PC - not tried in phone/tablet. same for phone)

Edited by baldrick
Edit: tested on phone, works as well

31 minutes ago, 1diddy said:

This just proves what I've always surmised. The devs are dyslexic and that's why nothing works right.

The devs should KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

No reason for "debris", "crew certificates", "extra crew xp", "research".

Tiers are nice. once the WOF gets capped to a tier (I hope soon - should be in same patch) probably more wof will happen.

Tiers should be upgrades to existing ships so that players that have exceeded lvl 120 get motivated again (if next tier of a ship was unlocked say 10 levels above the original ship not handed out by lottery).

Edited by baldrick
Edit: fixed parentheses

8 minutes ago, baldrick said:

The devs should KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

No reason for "debris", "crew certificates", "extra crew xp", "research".

Tiers are nice. once the WOF gets capped to a tier (I hope soon - should be in same patch) probably more wof will happen.

Tiers should be upgrades to existing ships so that players that have exceeded lvl 120 get motivated again (if next tier of a ship was unlocked say 10 levels above the original ship not handed out by lottery).

Didn't work but I'll keep trying 😂😂😂

I myself have been asking for the tier system for quite some time. The purpose intended was for matchmaking (as there is none now). This would mean that tier C ships would fight only other tier C ships in great battle. Not tier C ships fighting tier B ships as is the case now.

Yes there is no need for those things you mentioned.... Why on God's Earth are Crew certificate still even in the game? maybe we could combine those with debris and then they would become useful again. 🤔

I believe that players that recently bought the premium ships (like 30 days prior to the patch) or ships whose crew was not upgraded at all, should be eligible for a 100% refund. (Now, if you stop to think about it, even before blueprints, wouldn't be unfair to buy a premium ship to find it is a complete crap and you don't even have the right to regret?)

I think there is no way to convince the Devs about "upgrading" an existing ship, because this is the new mechanics. It would be really unfair for a player under level 120, that just got the tier S BB120 would have to face a long time player with a tier S BB120 fully vetted because he just simply "upgraded" his/her existing BB120.

There is one thing that big changes try to bring: a fresh new start

So.... you think that someone who has played Navy field for only the last 30 days should get a 100% refund. Anyone who play the game from it start,  spent the time effort and money to get BB 120 shouldn't?

So...you think it would be unfair for a player who hasn't even reached level 120 and has an S tier BB120 to have to compete against someone who actually earned their Battleship and spent the time to vet it?

So... I think you should ask some of the captains who have spent the last year-and-a-half grinding the game only to have what they have accomplished taken away from them overnight,  how they feel about a "fresh new start". There is a reason why many have left the game. Think about it.

Never ever have I given someone a negative rating in the Forum. If I like what someone has to say I upvote them. If I disagree with what they have to say I may voice my opinion but I don't down vote them how's the Forum is a place to express opinions and ideas.

I have found your opinion and ideas to be truly naive and ill-informed.

Consider it part of your "fresh new start".

...... Okay I still find your opinion to be naive and ill-informed but I feel bad for downvoting you. As I said above the Forum is a place where everyone should be able to share their thoughts and ideas. I don't want to discourage anyone from participating in the forum.

Flint I apologize for not being more open-minded and I look forward to more posts from you. I'll give you an upvote to bring you back to even. 😉

Edited by 1diddy
Feel bad😟

20 hours ago, 1diddy said:

So.... you think that someone who has played Navy field for only the last 30 days should get a 100% refund. Anyone who play the game from it start,  spent the time effort and money to get BB 120 shouldn't?

So...you think it would be unfair for a player who hasn't even reached level 120 and has an S tier BB120 to have to compete against someone who actually earned their Battleship and spent the time to vet it?

So... I think you should ask some of the captains who have spent the last year-and-a-half grinding the game only to have what they have accomplished taken away from them overnight,  how they feel about a "fresh new start". There is a reason why many have left the game. Think about it.

Never ever have I given someone a negative rating in the Forum. If I like what someone has to say I upvote them. If I disagree with what they have to say I may voice my opinion but I don't down vote them how's the Forum is a place to express opinions and ideas.

I have found your opinion and ideas to be truly naive and ill-informed.

Consider it part of your "fresh new start".

...... Okay I still find your opinion to be naive and ill-informed but I feel bad for downvoting you. As I said above the Forum is a place where everyone should be able to share their thoughts and ideas. I don't want to discourage anyone from participating in the forum.

Flint I apologize for not being more open-minded and I look forward to more posts from you. I'll give you an upvote to bring you back to even. 😉

You read it wrong, I didn't say players who started playing 30 days before update.

I said players who effectively purchased the ship 30 days prior to the patch would be, in a first idea, in a first bargain with the devs, could have that ship an 100% refund. I know, it is not the best possible thing we would like, but let's take a deep thinking.

Imagine we try to ask the devs the other extreme: after the patch, ALL players are eligible to get an 100% refund for ALL gold ships.

That idea will surely give the devs a chill in the spine just thinking about. They would argue that would never sell gold again and they would starving/bankruptcy. They would counteroffer, asking for something in the mean part between nothing and everything. And this is what I propose, this something between nothing and everything.

On the other hand, if you purchase your BB120 one year before the patch, you had fun with it, you enjoyed it, you profited from it by earning good ratings, and do you think it would be fair to get an 100% refund anyway? Imagine you purchase a car and drive it for one year, you would have fun with it, you would profit (save money from taxi/cabs), and do you think it is still possible to resell it for the same price that you have purchased?

We always want to get the most out of it when selling, but we know it is not possible, and we have to accept it in our heart and thoughts, and asking the developers for anything that is unpractical won't get their attention.

And about the part of the "fresh new start", I am sorry that did sound a bit naive or ill-informed, it wasn't my intention. I said that from my experience of other grinding games, like World of Warcraft and Diablo 3, and a fresh new start was part of the game.

And thank you for the upvote, you will see soon that I am about to do something big... very big.

The whole "patch" is insulting to players who have been grinding the game a year and a half.

My main nation is level 115. Just 5 more level to the Kaiser - a target that had me saving every bit of gold for more than a year. The next day the "patch" came to the game and my level 49 captain got an A tier Progetto UP41 at his 2nd draw of the lottery - a supership that can vaporise the Kaiser that was my holy grail for so long.

In addition, this patch is discriminating players by luck. The draw to get the Progetto was just the second lottery play of that Nation, my main has done about 20 and best that got is a B Graf Zeppelin, C Tourville that might worth building and C Duca Degli Abruzzi that built (also got many other good ships including B tiers, but compared to Europa CV, Stresemann and type XXI don't look very appealing). Now imagine those two being different players - not Nations of the same player - how fair is that? Even for new players it is not fair.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:12 AM, Flint said:

Imagine we try to ask the devs the other extreme: after the patch, ALL players are eligible to get an 100% refund for ALL gold ships.

This exactly what I'm asking for. When I paid 3000 gold for the Stresemann, I paid a good sum of money for a ship that is close to the top ships of the game. when I paid 1500 for Graf Zeppelin II (that will forever sit with green crew in the harbour - premium ships cannot even be scrapped), I paid a good sum of money for one of the best CVs that can do expert WoF.

The "patch" has depreciated these ships to maybe a tenth of their asking price (e.g. for 300 gold I might consider buying a Stresseman instead of relying on the lottery scheme - but 3000?). So yes, I feel robbed - even if I have already played and enjoyed it. With the Graf Zeppelin I feel scammed out - that ship was not even fully outfitted when the "patch" came out.

This is why I feel we should get 100% refund. Because the product we got is not what we paid for - even if used.

If the developers wanted a "fresh start" they should publish a new game (this is not the same game we have been playing so long anyway). To keep their user base they could make a way of migrating from the old to the new game.

When the "patch" drives away Fubar, Helmut, ASTOM from my fleet only (and possibly others that I have not seen for some time - but I'm not sure of the reasons) - good players and nice people that are with the game since the beginnings - only adds insult to injury.

God I love you!

Again you bring up points that I think but don't know how to put into words.

Starting a new game is exactly what they should have done. 

It's clear that we all enjoy Navy field and have grown attached to the community. This is exactly what they are relying on to keep them going. We can bitch all day about how they've ripped us all off and ruined the game (which they have) but as long as we are all still here bitching about it...and they know we are playing....then they win.

I asked them two days ago to refund me my money for each additional nation that I purchased as they are no longer needed. Because you can have only one nation in a fleet, the other nations (and ships in that Nation) no longer contribute to the games Dynamics. You can't use them. I sent a request via messenger and where as you normally get a reply within one day I am still waiting for reply to this request.

In my opinion they don't care who they screw they just want to make money, so I encourage everyone who still wishes to play Navy field to only play stock ships and stop using the new system. Just so long as you are using the new system they are making money.... They win.

Check my main account I tried the lottery system once... got a C tier submarine and haven't played it since.

STOP ENABLING THEM.... STOP USING THE NEW SYSTEM.