Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Helmut la rascasse

When you notice the game is no more one

15 posts in this topic

Hey,

Here lie some thoughts as i started to play last year.

At first I hesitated between some other naval war games to find a balanced one. Graphics were not my priority, at least less than the opportunity to play for fun alongside friendly players on a subject some know i like : submarines. ^_^

that’s why i chose your game. The fact it was a freemium did not discourage me to play, it was on contrary a challenge to compete with those who buy, as developers need something to live for. The (easy?) missions finished, i turned to multiplayer battles. Even against those who used several smokes, repairkits, mastered crew, some of them remain fair and that made the game fun. I built the first ss, a poor kriegsmarine 50 level, started to learn tactics and develop mine against higher levels, but the 92 level XXI was my purpose and when i acquired it, i was more able to withstand some of the hard players, because the experience may improve from online playing. I recommended the game.

The first time i wrote some words on the west chat, i received a recruit banner from Bosses team, but i was surprised and i didnt think at the moment i was strong enough to be in, so i humbly didnt accept it, not knowing the real functioning of the WOF. So when i received a second one from the neptune infernos team, i tried my luck. Even we lost some wars of fleets, there was cooperative play, with fun inside. I also discovered the cons, some inevitable history backgrounds between players, but also the spying thing, the wofs between same guys to be assured to have a good place at the end of the 2 week rankings. Well, experience should improve from the online gaming ! I started though to think to stop to play.

The wofs were (and are) less recurrent, because of the timing zone, because of the lack of interest, and because of the difficulty to build team tactics. So the raids were welcome and became funnier. there was also a one-year rumor of new nations, with obviously great hopes of everyone’s needs of renew, allthemore the french ships seemed strong. We started to explore maps to be more efficient, and only a few were able to fight in these competitive maps, where experience and skill are highly recommended, while fun is vital.

The issues remained, but discontent was eventually stable, because we have faith in our moderators relaying infos between players and developers.

Then was released this update with 200 new ships. Of course, it firstly looked tasty even when we were some to have prefered new nations, but why not experience something new. I would have finally been able to hold french ships ! xD

Alas hell was surely paved with the best intentions, especially when you discover the percentage and cost of the lottery to hope to get a good ship, while premium ships are now weakened and normal ships blatantly degraded. This only could lead to a higher dissatisfaction, amplified by the arbitrary and automated exclusion of players from their teams instead of what could have been a lot more conciliatory (like a choice or a deepened profile to see spies, etc).

Just for the record, I spared 5k since the beginning to get the kaiser. I spent 800 to get the bayern, and i almost never use smokes or repairkits. After 5k spent to the kaiser, i got back more than 3k before the update.  So you see, over approximately 9k of gold (fully obtained by playing) spared in 11 months, I spent 2k of gold in 1 week in a lottery to get ships i ll never build (despites a lower ss than my XXI) when random players can get overpowered ships, where experience -and together the fun- have become accessory. 

If it was wanted to disrupt the precarious but stable balance between the strongest and the newest, then it’s a success, but you may lost the strongest during the transition, the ones who were maybe the less reluctant to buy gold, so just imagine what can be in mind of players who will not buy gold but will encounter unbalanced greatbattles, unbalance lotteries, unbalanced wofs, unbalanced ships ? Of course, those who are new and/or willing to spend kilos of (paid)gold may be satisfied when they get a powerful and random ship, but experience will be too random, community will be also random, not stable and last but not least, restrained.

Anyway, because I am stubborn, i ll wait for the next update, but I modestly dont think 1k gold will resolve these issues, it just buy time, not fun. If it’s no more fun, then i’m done -_-

sincerely,

Helmut

Edited by Helmut la rascasse

Hello everyone, totally agree, my long story in the game is very similar, (it is different only in the incomparable skill of Helmut in the use of SS😄), I started about 18 months ago, I still remember the nightmare of "to vetting  "the Pallada CL when they needed 1200 points and no one knew any upgrades, I never consumed a single repair or a single smoke for the first year, I managed spending little (but spending) to have 2 BB120, 5 Nations in 5 Fleets fun and confortable and many "digital friends", all this was wiped out with a disarming arrogance, and even with a dose of "deception", when you (Devs Team)  announced the release of the new nations (they had to go out in June 2018), being Italian I immediately bought the premium in gold to prepare better for the release of the hypothetical "Regia Marina", which has been denied; now according to you developers I should start all over again, preparing all the ships in 5 useless nations, nations that can not join any Fleet, no thanks, personally I'm taking the projects, I build ships but not prepare anymore nothing bigger than a CAs (excluding the "Darth Vader ship" 🙂 that by now I'm almost finished), I'm not so "crazy" to remake thousands of stupid online battles all the same and monotonous to get a ship that maybe will be overcome by a new one in a few months; I agree with Helmut, only the Raids remain as amusing and cooperative phase among the players, which can be improved with little, it would be enough to draw from the huge tank of the more than 200 ships putting them in the raids in random mode, so as to always have some nice raids with total surprises, even in my complete ignorance I think it would be technically easy, but unfortunatly, as usual, anyone heard our little advices, me too think be end of jorney, and i would like to remind those still enthusiastic about this literally binge (useless and meaningless) of new ships that takes from two weeks to a month for "vetting" any one "4000" ship (without spend  gold, of course), so how many do you really think you can use until new "revolution" of 130/140 levels ships cancels everything again???, and this will be the ultimate "reboot" or again, again.....think about this too, greetings at all

Edited by S Gorskov

For those of you who aren't aware....

Helmut and Gorskov have been with navy field since nearly its beginning. They have always had a positive manner. I'm sure many new captains would have left the game without their guidance, however their help they did give and that is why we have some of the captains that we have today.

Long time Captains such as Helmut and Gorskov are what make Navy field successful. The devs give us a game but Captains such as these two bring it to life. They are literally the "personality" of Navy field.

I have always said that it is the community that makes Navy Field an enjoyable game to play. In no other game have I experienced such a tight-knit, close, and friendly group as there is here. The loss of these two veteran captains that you could say helped build Navy Field will hit harder than I think the devs know. The game will remain but it's heart will be gone.

Believe you me.... If these two players leave then that will be the final straw for many more captains.

Hey sen.

Oyun profilimi sildim ve bu saçma oyundan daha fazla oynayamam. Sen ve Gorskov (Togo, Ray, ....) GG

You knows my english bad😂😂😂😂

Edited by ASTOM

Feel very sad to see you go ASTOM. I hope that if they ever fix it you will consider coming back. Otherwise I hope I'll see you in another game...

Thanks for the good times.

53 minutes ago, ASTOM said:

Hey sen.

Oyun profilimi sildim ve bu saçma oyundan daha fazla oynayamam. Sen ve Gorskov (Togo, Ray, ....) GG

You knows my english bad😂😂😂😂

Hello everyone, another sad day for this game;😖 those like me who do not know the wonderful language of Astom I try to translate, "Greetings to you, I deleted my profile in the game and I can no longer play, then say goodbye ....", great result, yet another triumph for the newly released patch, the list of the "fallen" is still longer, I hope not to break any privacy remembering Altavilla, Dav, Fubar, Astom, ....... a wonderful group of people and players who are dispersing, I sincerely hope for you (DEVs Team) that you have a lot of economic feedback to justify all this, personally I make the words of Baldrick and I hope to meet again Astom in other games (I doubt even if you can have a positive solution in this), btw @Baldrick and Diddy, in my opinion the game is unfixable by now, so many new ships released, the others players seems have (legitimately) much fun and many players dismantled yet the old outclassed national ships, it is to late for any change and we have lost in our personal battle, the King is dead, long live the King (a Clown King such as the new Clown ships), i return in super boring HA, the only one thing that again do in this game, almost, " Selam Kanka"👋👋😭

Gorskov, thank you for your translation even if it did only bring sad news.

I don't know when losing business made good business sense. Perhaps this is why the Won trades so badly against the dollar (Canadian).

I am still playing my stock ships as best I can, a little less each day....

Bad news never travel alone, despite these nice final raids, it’s my turn to leave, at least until the next update, and definitively if the game doesnt rebalance. ;)

As Gorsky said, now the seas are bit safer since there is no more Mignardise, you all take care of each other  ^_^

« portez-vous bien et à la prochaine » 9_9

This is a very depressing...... Lost another Ace captains...

I may not be ace or veteran in this game like all of you great captains. 

As far as i remember (actually i can't remember at all so i just tell it very roughly) i only enter this game in the beginning of the end. I play this game for obvious reason, i like warship, and no game i found is fitting, and once i play im devoted to it.

First time i played this game it fascinate me for somehow it was fun and can hold up for long time. (for it still under development and the community here is ALIVE) Have a rough start but i eventually meet some friends, make allies even to my enemies and join a fleet. (i have to admit that before i join bosses recruitment fleet i was at someone's fleet but at short time they kick me out as soon as their leader found out i was "fresh meat" and a "idiot clown") But Joining Bosses is a blessing for me.

Ever since that i never join any fleet despite they kick me out and rejoin them later. (for long time inactive reason. For me that is acceptable) as i progress to this game, issue occurs. But i continue on despite devs bad decision. For i still have hope for this game. I give suggestion to dev so they can improved the game more better. But dev did not listen...

Some captains come and go.... But when Altavilla gone... Honestly its deeply affected me.. For Alta is the one who accept me and teach me a lot of things about ships and tactics. I deeply respect Alta as a leader and a teacher.

I frequently inactive for loss interest to play for that reason. But i keep returning for i got friends here and fleet that are counting on me. I do not want to disappoint them.

But now, slowly dev destroy their own game. I losing my interest even more. I hate to leave this game for this is the last line of good warship game i ever found. (i know there's a lot better warship game out there but im a poor guy that can only buy low cost smartphone so not all game can be played )

Before i even join this game, i used to play Naval Frontline: Regia marina. Still under development (Very good game). Im an expert there and i did waste a good money there. But when dev announce to ABANDON the game, i absolutley devastated! I stay a while but then i leave for good. Closed my chapter there..... Im still sad about that.

Now the fatal mistake. I spent money here before see the problem that player here faced. Captains did warn me not to spent at all but it came to late.

I slowly see that this game will be alive for long time (i doubt it) but the community slowly dies.. And more bots replace the missing player. Wheres the fun of it?

"Hang in there". That is the state that i in right now. But if Gorskov, Aeth, Helmut and etc or anyone of you, decide to leave. I'll be extremely sad to see you go. But i understand and deeply respect your decision. But i also already decide to leave this game for good. For i can't take it anymore either. I don't know when . But when i do, i will never return. To much sadness here. This game suppose (used) to be fun and enjoyable. But instead this game only give me misery, depression and total betrayal.

Edited by Joseph Templar

6 hours ago, Helmut la rascasse said:

Bad news never travel alone, despite these nice final raids, it’s my turn to leave, at least until the next update, and definitively if the game doesnt rebalance. ;)

As Gorsky said, now the seas are bit safer since there is no more Mignardise, you all take care of each other  ^_^

« portez-vous bien et à la prochaine » 9_9

No, just no. The game will never be the same...

If we make a "Hall of Fame" Helmut's name will be somewhere at the top (THE top for me).

Even if the game gets reborn from its ashes it will never be the same.

Joseph is right. Losing the finest captains in Navy field is becoming depressing. Every day another one leaves.

@Helmut....

Puissiez-vous trouver le bonheur partout où votre voyage vous mènera. Merci de me faire savoir. 😢

@1diddyThat’s one of the reason i like Canada, a great mix of cultures where you still can use french ^_^

I d say in return of this favour : « là où le vent le déposera, j’emporterai ce souvenir avec moi » 9_9

@Davmak the post is becoming obituaries and i am sorry for that, but there will be always good of it, here or there (and i noticed world of warship is planning to introduce submarines xD i never played it [do some of you have tested it?], maybe i ll give a try if things do not improve there^_^)

@baldrick 

see, that’s another update that could have been added, a hall of fame after a monthly tournament with individual, group or fleet duels, by ship category or not. That would have made some noise, much more than the actual free for all/wofs rankings.

The game can survive this but they ve got to do it quickly and efficiently. I dont think 200 ships (even if i salute the work done so far!) were an answer to the needs of a growing community of balance. All the games that were/are/will be famous are the the evenly balanced ones. Adding 200 ships gives diversity, not balance. Massively multiplayers games like unreal tournament, counterstrike, starcraft, warcraft or diablo3 or even the 4th prophecy (ahah) got reputation due to the balance and only after obtained diversity, not the opposite. NFm has a special background which is historical, and yet, we do not play real historical battles, where we could play hunting packs against protected convoys through the atlantic, where Pearl Harbor attack could be replayed, or even the cooperative chase of a german submarine who has to remain undetected Etc etc. ^_^

Oh and did i forget to mention the battle chat to build tactics on a battlefield?

Anyway have fun and keep the spirit you all 😉 

I'm am very much considering leaving navy field mobile. I was one of the first players to get nf mobile. The first few months I really don't play with it much because I had a more favorite game to play till the devs turned it into pay to play then nf mobile became my no# 1 game to play now with this latest update to navy field mobile it is starting to get that pay to play feel to it so I've started looking into other games to play. 

As far as I'm concerned 

The ship tier system, lottery system and one fleet one nation rule all need to