こんにちは rapPlaysNF

New idea(ship mounted modules and captain skills)

4 posts in this topic

hey guys it is me again

i am watching these videos about WoW and they have this building concept , you know like mounting some stuff on ships (which we do in navyfield but they have a lot more stuff like aaw modifications and all those)

so i had a new idea, what if there were different special modules (not like guns and engines and fcs) but like an improvement to passive AAW (and many other different modules)

you can pick 3 ship mounted module that can be mounted on ship (including S and F tier, some modules can be mounted to others and some can just be mounted to a specific ship class) you can reset for 5 gold

you can have 1 captain skill , you can reset for 5 gold

each ship can have a captain with captain skills(for convenience purposes cause you cant use one captain , it is a waste of gold for resetting one captain skills)

Bot ships are not able to use ship mounted modules or ship captain skills

these are special ship mounted modules:

NOTE: the costs of ship mounted modules depend on the ship(it takes the highest upgrade costs for example 1.9 million steel for B tier)

-Squid ASW(dd and cl only)

these gigantic mortar looking like anti-submarine weapon can deal GREAT damage to submarine but suffer a long reload time

the underwater explosions looks like massive BB shells landing on water

they should have a bigger range than hedgehogs

they should have bigger area of damage(area where submarines get damaged)

they can be countered by submarines by deep dive

they should have the same explosion time with the hedgehogs

they should have 60-90 seconds reload

the lower the ship tier the less damage squids could do

they should only have 1 launcher and fire 3 shots (like the old hedgehogs do)but these shots should be much more spread out

-Hydrophone(dd and cl only)

Hydrophone is a very useful tool for submarine hunting , it adds (F)400/(E)400/(D)400/(C)500/(B)500 sonar range on a dd/cl but for balancing purposes the original sonar should be halved (divided by 2 so , for example you had a F tier fletcher with a range of 500 you will divide it by 2 so you get 250 , and then add 400 so you will get 650)

-depth charges(every ship can be mounted with this module)

depth charges was common throughout the first and second world war , it is used to counter the submarines

the special thing about it is it can hit the submarine at ANY depth (even deep dive) but going on top of the submarine  is very dangerous (since submarines here can fire torpedoes even when under the enemy ship) so i would like to make it a immovable hedgehog with 

dd has 4 launchers of depth charges

cl has 4 launchers of depth charges

ca has 2 launchers of depth charges

bb has 1 launcher of depth charges

cv has 1 launcher of depth charges

-Minelayer module(every ship can be mounted with this module)

the minelayer module offers 2 launchers 

it can be mounted to dd,cl,ca,bb,cv,ss

it cant be mounted to ships that already has depth charges , but can be mounted to ships that has squids

(ss)you cannot spawn a mine over ships because that will break the game , you can spawn them at roughly 300-400 range away from them

the dd that recieves this upgrade will instead have 4 mines making it a minelayer . it cant be mounted with depth charges

-Citadel protection module(can be mounted on every ship class except dd)

critical hits are the results from shots exploding in the magazines/shots hitting another shot detonating it

these are often very deadly and can lead to the loss of the entire ship

the Citadel protection module strips off armor from parts of your ship to protect your most vital systems

it results to

+25% damage increase recieved from shots

-80% crit chance reduction 

-Improved Engine(every ship can be mounted with this module)

+10% increase in overheat speed

+10% increase in speed

+10% increase in ship HP

-Overarmored(every ship can be mounted with this module except ss)

have you ever wanted to tank every shell(almost every) that comes your way? Fear not! The Overarmored module is for you

you can tank(almost)EVERY shell

-25% shot damage reduction 

-10% speed reduction

+10% added ship HP

-25% crit chance

-Suicide Scouts(only Japan , cannot be mounted on dd or cl)

the scouts from japanese ships can now dive towards enemy and deal a large amount of damage (5000/6000)

it just needs to target the enemy ship and then BOOM! a massive explosion resulting in heavy damage towards the enemy ship

they have a 50% chance to success and 50% chance to crash into the ocean

once they have targeted the enemy ship there is no going back , you cannot order the kamikaze scout to come back to your ship

cv kamikaze bombers deal much more damage than usual kamikaze bombers (10000/11000)

-Water Pumps(can be mounted on every ship class except dd and cl)

water pumps pumps water out of the ship . If the ship is sinking it helps by keeping the ship afloat for longer periods of time for everyone on board to evacuate

+10% more ship hp

when ship is burning (25%hp) the hp reduction will be 2x slower

-Double Bottom hull(can be mounted on every ship class except dd , cl and ss)

the double bottom hull doubles the hull and employs a set of countermeasures to torpedo hits and underwater shots

-25% torpedo damage

+10% ship HP

-10% ship speed

-Improved Torpedoes(every ship can be mounted with this module)

-10% torpedo range

+10% torpedo damage

-25% torpedo dud rate

-Improved Pressure Hull(only ss can be mounted with this module)

An Improved pressure hull will have more lightweight but sturdy and strong materials

+25% speed

+10% ship HP

+10% damage reduction

-Citadel Enlargement

an enlarged citadel will have more space for ammunition to store , it enhances the firepower of a ship but makes it vulnerable to magazine explosions and flash fires

+10% fire rate

+25% enemy crit chance per shot increase

-5% speed

-Improved Ship Survivability

the upgrade increases the ship survivability by adding some enhancements to the hull and to rooms(for example watertight doors)

+25% ship HP

-10% ship speed

(comment for more ideas)

these are the captain skills

-Improved AAW Defence 

it improves the overall AAW to doing more damage and having more horizontal range(not vertical) it is a good counter against torpedo bombers that try to torpedo your tail

1 star

10% more damage in passive aaw

2 star

20% more damage in passive aaw

3 star

30% more damage in passive aaw

4 star

40% more damage in passive aaw

-Launcher reload booster

1 star

-8% launcher reload

2 star

-16% launcher reload

3 star

-24% launcher reload

4 star

-32% launcher reload

-Damage Control and Reduction Skills

1 star

-8% damage reduction

+5% repair speed

2 star

-16% damage reduction

+10% repair speed

3 star

-24% damage reduction

+15% repair speed

4 star

-32% damage reduction

+20% repair speed

-Improved Engine crew Efficiency

1 star

+8% ship speed

2 star

+16% ship speed

3 star

+24% ship speed

4 star

+32% ship speed

(comment for more ideas)

Interesting ideas, but i think it wuld brake game to much.

Examlle,i take my mastered S tier Project 24 (70k HP) ,and mount on it :

-Improved Ship Survivability

+25% ship HP

-10% ship speed

-Overarmored

-25% shot damage reduction 

-10% speed reduction

+10% added ship HP

-25% crit chance

-Improved Engine

+10% increase in speed

+10% increase in ship HP 

And captain damage control and resuction skill

4 star

-32% damage reduction

+20% repair speed

End result?

70 k + 45% more HP = araund 100 k HP BB, with aditional 57% more reduction damage (on top on what Mastered full armored BB already have) ,with much beter auto repair and only minuses that it has -10% less ship speed, but +10% overheat speed.

Good luck sinking that unless you have 5 BB against it.

Example 2 , I take  I 400 SS , and i mount on it:

Improved Pressure Hull

+25% speed

+10% ship HP

+10% damage reduction

Improved Engine

+10% increase in speed

+10% increase in ship HP

And let say Minelayer module, so you can sikently sneak araund and mine im enemy teritory, just for lol, since it has no third engine boost.

and captain skill improved engine crew efficiency 

4 star

+32% ship speed.

End result ?

Its Normal mastered speed is 33/51 and  29/43 underwater , with additional 67% more speed and +10% overheat speed,  thats 55/57 or , 47/48 underwater , in BR even more insane, thats not sub, thats a Road Runner,lol, good luck escaping that ,and , natyrally, nothing can catch it,plus it has improved HP and reduced damage, but that is not game breaking as much as its speed.

UK subs, who have natural speed bost with Armour wuld be even faster than that.

Anyway, i have seen modules like this introductions in online game, it alwais end up bad and breake game.

Players compete in who will have most OP setup,because without that you have no chance to win,  and prices rise skyrocket  by game master for thise modules, they are not sold cheap like for 5 gold or something, but for lets say 5.000-10.000  gold for module , this game eqvivalent ,and they only last for month or two,  then new modules are relised that makes ones from previus generation vastly inferior, so you have to buy them as well, and so on ,from patch to patch, every month or so,infinite loop of spend half of your month salary or die.

That happen for War Robots for example, so i stop playing that 2 years ago,  and it was my favorite game, and i  hope i will not see same situation here.

This game is rare gem exactly because it gives all players equal chance to compete,you do not have to spend insane amouts of money for good ships that will be obsolite after few months,  all you need is patience and smart investing in already present in-game resurces and you can very soon have great ships that will serve you well for hole game ,altough purchasing in-game do speed up process a lot for ones unwillling to wait, and nothing is wrong with  that.

Edited by SasaPinjic

Thank you for the suggestion.

We will check it out.