Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
こんにちは rapPlaysNF

navyfield's torpedo problem

3 posts in this topic

the ship launched torpedoes lack damage compared to plane launched torpedoes

ship torpedoes are usually very long for it to travel long distances (kitakami) or it will be standard sized (most F/E tier dds) either way if a torpedo hits an ship it will probably leave one or two marks

in this case i was using Duca d'Aosta (C tier) to torpedo Magrat's italian battleship (not sure if its vv because it is not andrea doria) and i launched torpedoes before i died

then a torpedo i launched hit magrat's battleship and done 1.5k damage

but when i used my cv and torpedoed the same battleship magrat is using it took 10-8 torpedoes to sink (or set on fire) magrat's ship which is not surprising because a ship cant tank 10 torpedoes especially if its not yamato

but the thing is my torpedo from C Duca d'Aosta didnt even scratch the paint on magrat's battleship

so , ship launched torpedo should be as powerful as the plane launched torpedo , if not stronger

and damage should increase/decrease based on ship tier

Italain C tiers CL like Duca have 3700 x 5 x 4 or 5 tubes lauchers ,thats is not low damage potential, they are just spreaded in arc , for higher chance to hit something, closer you aproach to target,more risky it is ,but higher damage.

Torpedo from planes work diferently ,they mostly all hit  in one place, and they mostly hit all or miss all,and it also depends on skill of CV players,how well he  deploy planes before he command them to attack.

B tiers torpedo planes (Italian) are not significly stronger than CL torpedos, they have 5000 default attack per plane (7000 when you upgrade them), so maximum total damage they  can do is 5000 x 20 torpedo planes, thats total damage of 100.000 ,with upgraded planes 7000 x 20 = 140.000 dmg , while A and S tiers Italian CV have   9200 x 20 = 184.000 , versus duca 3700 x 5 x 4 ,total damage 74.000 ,while some ships have much better options:

Bogatyr C 3700 x 4 x 8 = 118.400 dmg.

Saint Bon A 3600 x 5 x 8 = 144.000 dmg,

Kitakami C 3600 x 5 x 10 = 180.000 dmg.

And dont forget, most of ships have only less than 40 secunds of reload time for torpedos, while planes need to get ready , take off, fly to target,  fly back,then gwt ready again ,which take at lest 2 or 3 times longer.

Torpedos from planes  and  ones from ships are balanced fine already, they just need to be set and used right, best example is A Storione CV,when set with full armour and full FCS, CV is near unsikable  vs subs and ,single spread from one of its 6 build-in torpedos lauchers can criple even S tier sub when it dares to attack it.

Also, it make sense that torpedos from planes are stronger,ships torpedos need to travel a long time before they  reach target, so significent part of space in torpedo must be used for propolsion and fuel needs, while torpedos from planes dont need longer range, so that makes more room in them to place more explosive.

Edited by SasaPinjic