Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S Gorskov

Remove the mandatory participation in the Wof?

4 posts in this topic

Greetings players and Developers, another crucial issue on the "infamous" WoF System, the obligatory participation in WoF's Battles seems to lead to unpleasant and continuous discussions for games or operations brutally interrupted, at least in my personal experience, I understand the intentions of DEVs were good implementing the obligatory, the problem is all of us players, most of us perceive the WoF's battles as annoying and useless parenthesis from the real game, not the final purpose that in reality should be, however I would prefer to be in battle alone (as happened before ) rather than arguing continuously for every single Wof (imho), I am mainly here to ask for other opinions or experiences, go go go NFM's Mates, the Wof MUST be improved for the salvation of game :P

Edited by S Gorskov

Sorry I'm not exactly sure what you mean. All I know is that when I finally get enough people together for wof I am never able to get a fight.

The wof participation is something to be discussed with your fleet chief and leaders.

We (Neptune's Inferno) generally have a call in fleet chat when we intend to setup a WoF and select players based on who is available and eager to participate (people often don't want, can't commit or suffer lag problems). I'm sure most fleets do the same or something similar.

In the past it was suggested to have a "join WoF" announcement pop-up (much like the join online battle announcement) even when already in online battle or operations, HA etc.

The ability to cancel participation in online battle is a prerequisite as long as the button pops up in front of chat or other buttons and gets inadvertently pushed.

I think my fleet in general would be eager to wof. The problem as you stated is getting everyone together at the same time. It seems that whenever we manage to do this there's no one available to fight. (And I mean ever). I look at the wof standings and I am surprised that there are actually 13 fleets participating. I never ever see any calls for wof in West Chat anymore.

As a side note I would be curious to find out how many fleets are registered. Is that 13/20, or 13 / 20,000.

People's interest in wof makes a big difference. 🤔