Naugahyde

Mod favoritism

12 posts in this topic

I was just chat banned for calling a player with an inappropriate name a moron because he always has something negative about me literally says things purpously to get under my skin..... He insulted me I responded and got a chat ban...... Sir Libby thanks ..... Didn't say a word to him about nothing....... His name is transformuranus ...... That name is ok to said mod because he never told him to change it..... I have officer in my fleet with the name hitul8er he told him to change his name and it doesn't break rules........ It's ok from now on I will screen shot mod injustice..... Chat ban me for responding and don't ban him....... Great work....Forgot to mention their both in the same fleet......

Edited by Naugahyde

Getting chat banned for calling another player a moron is ridiculous. Makes me think that some of the mods are"intellectually challenged". I would rather consider this a case of merely holding the reins too tight.

Terra-form-uranus is not an offensive name.

Terra-form-ur-anus is an offensive name. It depends on every player's perception of how you read it and I choose to believe it to be a clever play on words. (Non-offensive). 

Everyone has bad days and poor decisions will be made. This is a game of battle not a game of bridge and I don't consider "moron" to be inappropriate in a verbal Joust. Everyone talks smack it's just part of the game. 

Although moderators are not infallible they are however accountable. They must make a report of every chat ban they perform. If you have an issue with any of the moderators decisions you can simply forward your complaint to Vinsson here in the Forum or send an email directly to [email protected]:|

Hello everyone, absolutely do not want to make controversy, but, being always online 🙂, I followed the dialogue, along with the "moron" word there was also the offense "retarded",i not know well the English language shades but i think that is heavy and unacceptable offence in modern and progressives Times, imho, of course, greetings at all , it is only game, have all right fun 😀

PS. in partial defense of Nauga I must say that a few hours later it happened much worse, a player who proclaimed himself drunk and that he made explicit sexual references, but it is clear that the coverage of moderators can not be h24. so simply take it easy

Edited by S Gorskov

I asked him if he was retarded. In my mind he is retarded, Fact of the matter is I'm a paying client, insulting a man that insulted me shouldn't be banable....... Or we both get banned..... But because he was in libby fleet he saw no reprocussion so if I was a mod I could just ban people rite away for no reason and theirs no reprocussion  .........Tnf shouldn't be in a fleet other than their own period........ Otherwise this favoritism will continue......

Edited by Naugahyde

Hello Naugahyde,

I heard about your case and checked out some evidences provided by my team of moderators(screenshots). If you feel there are injustice, please feel free to pm me about your side of story along with evidences so that I can review it. 

Under the current policy moderators are still allowed to stay in their own fleet because NF mobile is different from NF1/2, you can have multiple captains and they can join different fleets. So I feel it is useless to limit them to stay in TNF fleet only. Mod is a voluntary work but we ask for 100% accountability. They have to file a report every time they chat ban someone. So the chances of abusing power is little and we monitor all work closely to ensure highest level of discipline is maintained. 

Since the PM(Private message) system is under developing, I believe the situation will be improved in the future. So you and the other party can chat privately instead of over the global chat, and you can report inappropriate pm messages one by one. For now, it's better to keep those sensitive/rude words away from the global channel and this will avoid you from any troubles. Thank you for your cooperation.

TeamNF Commander

I believe naugahyde...(wow that's an actual word the voice thingy spelt it on its own) has explained his position clearly. 

I'm not going to address the favoritism issue (if there was one)as that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However I do believe moderators not being in fleets would bring a quick resolution to the issue. 

I don't think a private chat is going to do anything to help the situation in fact it's just going to be one more button to push and get in the way. Probably be as helpful as fireworks.

1 hour ago, Naugahyde said:

Here it is again .... I don't have Riley's cussing insult screen but I do have the typo Capt Mac was banned for this guy has no business being a mod period..... F it I'll donate 50 bucks if you guys unmod him because he is running the game for people......

Screenshot_20180315-192412.png

I was trying to spell Horse  wow.  You get banned for a typo . Shouldn't your spell check work?  This Mod is overstepping his bounds.  I didn't intimate or threaten anyone. 

Okay so you found the Forum. Now you must send your explanation of what happened along with the screenshot to Vinsson here in his pm. Ibby will have already done so as is required by moderators. Vinsson can then review the case and decide what if any action is to be taken.

I must say you have sorely hurt your cause buy cluttering up west Chat for half an hour and inconveniencing other players. I will also add that calling out a mod does not and will not ever fly with me. I know you haven't been with navy Field Long but these are friends that we have sailed with and have taken the role of moderator on a volunteer basis. They are trying to do something to make the community better. Are you?

I’m not going to give support to any side but being here to say:

We play NF, chat and post in forum is for making friendship and for improving the game.

Maturity and mutual respect are highly important to win respect form other players.

Cheers and see you all in game:)

Sometimes things happen but there is a zero tolerance on sex talk and swearing doesn't matter if it was a typo or miss spelling it maybe next they'll be more careful with spelling