Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neuner

Nazi Symbols, Nazi Names, Nazi...

12 posts in this topic

Hi devs team, hello mods, ahoi captains...

Now and then there are Captains in the global chat or at sea, with Names or Symbols of Nazi characters. Or someone praising NS Regime in the chat room.  

That's just offending to everyone who lost some beloved in WW2 or suffers to any other pain  related to that period of hate.

Since the Rules aren't strictly against it, and mods need some rules of engagement to face those insulting/agressive/offending phrases, symbols and Names, I'd really love to see some rules announced.

At the moment the Rules are more or less guidelines and say:

"[...]

4.) The devs recently just implemented a filter. Any person caught breaking the filter will be chat banned for 48 hours. No exceptions.

5.) Any person with RED font is a moderator. Not a hacker. Please be respectful towards us and the community.

6.) Please use appropriate captains names or ship names. Spam in either one will result in a report to the GM. 

Please note that any updates, changes, or any other [...] "

But there are rules to be found (marked in the quotations above) that any Nazi symbol, name or phrase would contravene, even if they were brought up against spam...

So please block, ban, delete all accounts of captains unwilling to agree on these code of conduct.

For the sake of NF, please stop those idiots....

Whenever I see this, I am about to throw up..

...and miss the TK- opportunity...

20171124_190353.png

Ich bin der Meinung das solche Spieler einen IP Bann bekommen sollten so das sie gar nicht mehr zurück ins Spiel kommen können.

Jeder (egal aus welchem Land) weiß was mit dem Namen und so einem Spiel verbunden wird. Also Gnadenloser Bann ohne Möglichkeit zurück zu kommen.

Hahaha...

But in a serious note now, maybe you should go to play candy crush, nobody can hurt your feelings there. Maybe tomorrow you will want ban all kriegsmarine ships. Maybe tomorrow korean and chinese players will want ban all japanese names too or german want ban all nations ppl saying they are guilty lol.

Im not part of that nazi ppl that you say, just im saying leave your traumas out of the game. Being legal according the game rules, u can answer to "nazi" players, if their words are illegal, just reporta, but please stop crying.

As a wizard said, "with respect".

Greetings.

...even when I can't find the respect you've claimed in your answer, I don't think you've understood the message.

It's not KM Shipsnames what's offending, but glorifying the hero's of the third Reich while denying their crimes.

At least it's against the law where I live, and in my case it is offending as well and that would go with the rules to report them. And yes, that's what I will do.

If we don't, that would only draw more people saying foolish praises and phrases, most of them wouldn't even understand the meaning. And that would draw more of those ppl to the game.

I'd like to play without idiots denying facts of history and no: I have no trauma, I'm just educated and enjoying diversity and tolerance instead of aggressions and ignorance.

As a game with international players it should be sensitive to all cultures. Some places you may be free to form a nazi rally complete with flags and uniforms, in other places it is illegal and punishable by law. everywhere it is offending and bad taste.

I like my games free of politics, racism, sexism and general hatred. There are forums where these can be freely expressed, I don't think this is or should be one.

I will report as well all such provocative players.

1 hour ago, baldrick said:

As a game with international players it should be sensitive to all cultures. Some places you may be free to form a nazi rally complete with flags and uniforms, in other places it is illegal and punishable by law. everywhere it is offending and bad taste.

I like my games free of politics, racism, sexism and general hatred. There are forums where these can be freely expressed, I don't think this is or should be one.

I will report as well all such provocative players.

Totally agree with baldrick. He says what i want with a lil more respect than me. And i think neuner is actually bringing politics concerns to the game.

On other hand, i can give to you the name of 150 countries at least where "gloryfying" nazis is not forbidden by law.

In addition, even when i think this guy adolf69 actually is gloryfying nazis, we can have so much doubts about it. Endsieg is a word used from wwi at least. Adolf is a german name used a lot of time before Hitler and 69 mean he is a kid. I say he is a guy who think he is a baddass with that name. What about if my ship name is guderian or steiner or rommel? 

I think you dont have any base to ask for this.

EDIT: If u think denying the nazi crimes is offensive, u should report it. Even, if i see anybody feels offended because that, maybe i will report. That is out of discussion.

Edited by mundzuk

33 minutes ago, mundzuk said:

Maybe tomorrow korean and chinese players will want ban all japanese names too or german want ban all nations ppl saying they are guilty lol.

Dear Mandzuk,

Frankly speaking as a Hong Kong player I don’t mind to see Japanese names like Isoroku Yamamoto (山本五十六), or Chuichi Nagumo (南雲忠一). They are both admiralties of IJN and execute the decision of politicians.

However, I would also feel offended if some players choose the name of Tojo Hideki (東條英機), who is the prime war crime who built japan a militarist country, and attacking nearby countries and executing lots of inhuman policies.

4 hours ago, Davmak said:

Dear Mandzuk,

Frankly speaking as a Hong Kong player I don’t mind to see Japanese names like Isoroku Yamamoto (山本五十六), or Chuichi Nagumo (南雲忠一). They are both admiralties of IJN and execute the decision of politicians.

However, I would also feel offended if some players choose the name of Tojo Hideki (東條英機), who is the prime war crime who built japan a militarist country, and attacking nearby countries and executing lots of inhuman policies.

Well, for me this is a game and we should not mix this with that kind of things. 

Off topic: want apologize to neuner if i was disrespectful to him today in game. I really hope u forgive that bad attitude from me  (seriously).

Edited by mundzuk

Just met this today.... is such name legal?

DD341661-D2F1-44E3-9E11-951B5E08A126.jpeg

On 21.11.2017 at 2:52 PM, Neuner said:

[...] Please be respectful towards us and the community.[...]

I'd say at least this plea isn't obeyed.

Of course that name actually is abusive and the captain should change it or get expelled from the game.