Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldrick

NF developers and users relations

7 posts in this topic

Today NF Developers team had another surprise for the users

Without announcement kicked all alternative nations of players from their fleets, leaving only one alt in a fleet - the one that joined earliest. This outraged (and understandably so) most players.

Suggestion:

The forums are here for persistent discussion.

Game chat, discord and line are chat systems good for announcements

Facebook also offer chat capabilities, has a big userbase and is good for persistent announcements. Also offers another nice tool: Poll.

The developers can very well present a problem to their users (that many players are "spying" in other fleets in this case), propose the solution(s) they found (kick all alts from fleets) and LISTEN to player suggestions.

They can then rank the suggestions and pick one or (even better) use the poll tool and let the users decide the best action.

So it could have been like this:

Day 1 (Announcement in Discord, Line, Facebook, and every 1-2 hours in game chat):

It has come to our attention that many players join fleets with the intention of spying for another fleet. The NF team will take action to stop this behaviour. Please check the "Suggestions" Forum at navyfieldmobile.com for details. Discussion will happen until (3-5 days later), followed by a poll in facebook to reach the best solution from [date] to [date] (2-3 days after thread closure).

Day 1 (Forums)

Opening of thread for discussion under suggestions. Detail problem, moderate conversation and state specific dates for proposals taken and discussed, poll and implementation. Do give feedback in proposals (such as: good idea but will require 150 hours to code, thus cannot be implemented please consider dropping this or that feature - or make alternative suggestion)

Day 4

Opening of poll in facebook

Day 6-7

Announce results of poll and course to be taken - followed by explanation if the solution to be implemented is not the most popular one (it's still your game and we know you are here to make money from the game - we have conflicting interests)

This way you give the community a sense of participation, the community will come up with some ideas (thus giving you back some work hours spent for doing all this) and everyone will be happier. (I think)

Edited by baldrick
Edit: fixed some text

Remember the ‘crew point’ conflict last time? It’s another top-down approach ending with D-A-D results (Decide, Announce, Defend). It happens endlessly and I’m tired to making noise against the blood drilling developers.

Bosses are in ruins, NFKM trying to survive, Neptunes Inferno not in their (our) best shape ever. How many good players have to leave the game before they realise they are driving their users away?

After erratic and not well thought of patches good players have left the game. When will the developers learn to listen to their users? They have a product that sells and they try to kill it. They only have to look to other projects/games that once they got the community involved they became legendary.

Edited by baldrick
Edit: Untrue, fixed

The best part of Navy field has nothing to do with the game but is the community itself. Regular friends you can count on a few hours a day.

The game itself is gone from a fun viable product that you didn't mind throwing a couple of bucks at to a time-consuming money grab.

As the game dies veteran captains (and good friends) are leaving at a faster rate than I think they know about (or care).

I myself have decided not to recruit any new captains. I don't want to make any new friends just to have them yanked away from me.. kind of like putting your Blood Sweat and Tears into level 120 BB and having it turned into a piece of crap overnight.

I will simply stay with the captain's I have, every two weeks I'll kick the inactive ones, and when my last Captain is gone so am I.

Fleetless alt nations not solved.

B grade bb120 not solved.

Can the 1000 gold stop the fire?

I just got a message from Navy field via messenger that they have restored my 1Diddy account. I just checked and it's the same.... Half my fleet is gone. It's just another cut and paste response to avoid having to deal with their customers.

The 1,000 gold is simply a bribe to get you to use the lottery system and get more of the new ships in the game. my posting immediately in west chat that whatever they were selling I'm not buying and they can take it back. Not only are the old premium ships now moot, but try playing against the new ships in the non-premium ships.