Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackdragon180DCYT

Battleship comparison

Question

I realised with my iowa that battleship comparison is horrible. I'm scared to face other battleships of my level because the iowas dmg dosent cut it. I hate that when I face another bb100 that I barely scratch them and I get demolished. I realise that each nation has an advj. Germans have range  British have power. I dont see any advj for the Soviet US and the Japanese battleships. I was playing my iowa and its repair is vetted and a QV hits me for a total of 40000 dmg. 

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Davmak said:

Historically the strongest ship should be bb90 (Montana, Lion, H44, Soyuz and Super Yamato)

These were only drawing board ships, some more developed (Lion, Montana) and sensible enough to be constructed, some requiring more time to mature (Soviets could not make Soyouz's armour as planned, IJN needed to develop 20" guns). H44 for me is entering the realm of pure fantasy.

Thanks Davmak and Altavilla for adding the info (and correcting the Yamato stats).

It seems that with the huge damage, better range (except for H39) and brit armour Vanguard has a definite advantage.

It's weird to think that before summer 2017 these ships were the best in the game. These ships were the ultimate goal and it seemed impossible to get to 92 level where these were available at that time. I wonder if anyone made it to these ships and dominated battles before bb110s-120s came. Also the best ships were real ships (or real ship plans in the case of Stalingrad ☺️) and not fictional like the current premium BBs ( except Project 24 which is planned Soviet cold war era battleship: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_Russia_by_project_number).

Yes, it is very sad that bb100s are better than bb90s. Actually in my opinion the places of them should be switched and bb110s and bb120s taken away. Those are just unhistorical (not saying I would not like to play with QV 😉). Then of course current bb90s should be made better. Maybe as good as bb110s now.

5 minutes ago, 007 said:

Yes, it is very sad that bb100s are better than bb90s. Actually in my opinion the places of them should be switched and bb110s and bb120s taken away. Those are just unhistorical (not saying I would not like to play with QV 😉). Then of course current bb90s should be made better. Maybe as good as bb110s now.

While we agree that fictional ships should not be in the game (including some CLs), pandora's box is open and there is no taking away of ships from players that have already paid (bb110 & 120 cost gold - lots of it) without a major shitstorm happening and players leaving the game.

Gradual changes are required to bring them down to more sensible levels (submarines too - even though i enjoy enormously my XXI, i admit it is way overpowered).

On the other hand this is a casual game - not a simulation (and should remain so in my opinion) so some flexibility is allowed in order to get the game enjoyable by all players regardless of level.

According to Mimoto's tables:

Iowa 9x1920 = 17280 broadside damage at 2867 range, 1790 reload, 35850 Hull

Yamato 9x2107 = 18963 9x1848 = 16632 broadside damage at 2865 range, 1766 reload, 35000 Hull

H39* 8x1806 = 14448 broadside damage at 3242 range, 1740 reload, 34200 Hull

Stalingrad: 12x1572 = 18864 broadside damage at 2888 range, 1858 reload, 34500 hull

Vanguard: 12x1980 = 23760 broadside damage at 2692 range, 1790 reload, 34700 hull

with 20-30% more damage per broadside you have to close distance quickly - then most German ships are short work (I have a vet lvl 100 battleship and I'm scared of Hoods and Ganguts getting in range - nevermind an Iowa of Yamato)

* my ship, not in Mimoto's tables

(if anyone reading can add Vanguard and Stalingrad stats please do)

Edited by baldrick
Edit: Ship hull info from Nation specific Ship trees - Correct Yamato damage, Vanguard stats (thanks Altavilla), Stalingrad stats (thanks Davmak)

Stalingrad: 12x1572 = 18864 broadside damage at 2888 range, 1858 reload, 41400 hull (vetted)

In my mind Iowa is far stronger than Stalingrad with her fast speed, good range and strong shell damage. 

On 20/8/2018 at 8:24 AM, baldrick said:

It seems that with the huge damage, better range (except for H39) and brit armour Vanguard has a definite advantage.

I made an error in the Vanguard stats ( hard to write in the phone sometimes, apologies.. ) just edited it, the Vanguard has 2692 range, the worst range of all the BB's at level 100.

But still, the superior armor, reduced size ( Small compared with huge titans like the Yamato, Iowa, or H39 ) and the 3rd highest broadside damage in the game ( even superior to some level 120 BB's.. ) makes the Vanguard a scary ship. But again, this ship has cons like any other, like the short range and low speed.

Edited by Altavilla

First of all I am very happy to see Altavilla even if only in the forum, Greetings Alta, Black, Dav,Baldrick and Diddy of course (but we see each other in the game), and Greetings to all, personally I LOVE the Vanguard :x (my Cpt Philip Vian was the real captain of the real Vanguard ^^ actually Sir Philip Vian :$), but I think Altavilla (despite its immense knowledge) has forgotten the formidable BB110 Duke of Edimburg, so the Vanguard has "only" the third fire boardside of the game 1980x12 (23700),Duke 2700x9 (24300) and QV 2800x9 (25200), i no have Duke so waiting to confirmation-_-

Edited by S Gorskov

2 hours ago, 007 said:

It's weird to think that before summer 2017 these ships were the best in the game. These ships were the ultimate goal and it seemed impossible to get to 92 level where these were available at that time. I wonder if anyone made it to these ships and dominated battles before bb110s-120s came. Also the best ships were real ships (or real ship plans in the case of Stalingrad ☺️) and not fictional like the current premium BBs ( except Project 24 which is planned Soviet cold war era battleship: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_Russia_by_project_number).

Hi 007. Historically the strongest ship should be bb90 (Montana, Lion, H44, Soyuz and Super Yamato). However sadly the devs just made them a lighter version (with less hull but faster turning) of BB100.

WWII was not last long and all bb110/120 are ther hisotitical reference to pre-wwii battleships.

Vanguard: 12x1980 = 23760 broadside damage at 2692 range, 1790 reload, 34700 hull 0 stars ( 41640 vetted )

On 17/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, baldrick said:

Yamato 9x2107 = 18963 broadside damage at 2865 range, 1766 reload

I would like to correct this information, as those stats are from the Mikawa ( BB level 110 )

Yamato 9x1848 = 16632 broadside damage at 2823 range, 1764 reload.

( Unfortunately the in-game Yamato doesn't do justice to her famous main battery.. )

About the subject, as you can observe with the stats shared, the Iowa has:

1. - The highest hull
  2. - The 3rd highest firepower
  3. - The 2nd fastest speed ( Only the Yamato surpass it with 27-40, 3rd engine upgrade )

Every ship has it's pros and cons, the Iowa is a well balanced BB ( Like the whole USN line, very well balanced ), even if her firepower is inferior to others level 100 BB's, the speed, maneuverability and hull is superior to others. Try to play differently, the BB players from KM has to deal with their horrible big, slow and low damage ships, taking advantage only of their range.. ( I hate you Kaiser players, I hate you all >:( )

PD: Queen Victoria has huge damage ( 25200 broadside to be exact ) but it's impossible to sink a 43k hull Iowa with 60% damage reduction in a single volley :P

Edited by Altavilla
Misspell on Vanguard range.