Saint Deraj

Master of Mankind Achievement

15 posts in this topic

The Master of Mankind achievement states: “Get 2 Rating Win/Defeat in Online” (# then increasing to 5 for two stars & 10 for three). I see players from level 26 to 110 with varying degrees of fulfillment, some with rating scores in tens of thousands, others with zero. I’m at 1of 2 myself, and have no idea how I got the one or what the achievement actually requires. Put simply: how is this achievement earned?

On one of the many occasions when I’ve asked this question in chat, a fellow player (I forget whom) called it “the game’s greatest mystery.” This description has proven extremely apt as I’ve unsuccessfully sought an answer ever since I first saw the achievement. Many wonder, yet no one seems to know, and it’s beginning to drive me nuts. Apparently a majority of those who have played awhile have it, some have even completed it, but none have been willing or able to explain how so far.

I've seen theories and speculation, but none seem adequate. If it’s about damage done or lack of damage received or both, why wouldn’t it just say that? Since the number (2,5,10) definitely means it must be done that many times for each stage (proven by all who have it partially completed), it seems dubious that the number also describes a required ratio of wins to losses in online battles. What, then, could this cryptic description actually mean? I’m almost starting to think it’s some sort of accident; an incomplete concept that wasn’t supposed to be included, but is now too difficult to remove. That doesn’t seem likely either, but as I said, the mystery is starting to make me crazy!

I’m totally open to further speculation and hearing when & how people believe they earned it; perhaps together we can at least narrow the possibilities. Most ideally, I’d love for this to be passed up to the developer and hopefully get a clear, final answer to my very simple question: How is the Master of Mankind achievement earned?

Hi there, before giving my response I want to clarify: This is not an official answer, this is how I think it works, but I'm not 100% sure, developers will have to confirm if it's in this way or not.

“Get 2 Rating Win/Defeat in Online”

What I understood when I saw it is "Get 2 Victory/Defeat ratio in Online". For example: Victory/Defeats = 197 Victories / 58 Defeats = 3.3 Ratio.

Basically winning more battles than losing them..

I think that's how it works, but as I mentioned at the start, I'm not sure as this mysterious achievement have never been clarified by the developers.

Hope the answer helps, I'm sorry I can't give a 100% confirmed information :(

9 hours ago, Altavilla said:

Hi there, before giving my response I want to clarify: This is not an official answer, this is how I think it works, but I'm not 100% sure, developers will have to confirm if it's in this way or not.

“Get 2 Rating Win/Defeat in Online”

What I understood when I saw it is "Get 2 Victory/Defeat ratio in Online". For example: Victory/Defeats = 197 Victories / 58 Defeats = 3.3 Ratio.

Basically winning more battles than losing them..

I think that's how it works, but as I mentioned at the start, I'm not sure as this mysterious achievement have never been clarified by the developers.

Hope the answer helps, I'm sorry I can't give a 100% confirmed information :(

Thanks Alta.

May I know if there’s a way to check my W/L ratio? Or will players’ profile show it also?

Alta, while it makes sense from the description I find it highly improbable for this to be the case as it is nearly impossible to get the ratio required given that you are assigned in random to a side in battle and with many good players in the chances of win are not that far from 50%.

Could be the case though if the counter resets every day - then it's more of a lottery and there are chances for the achievement to happen.

Can't believe it is that way..

...but if so, there must be a reset like every day. I did some stages in a row, the day NFKM Wolfsrudel was released:

20171130_083705.png

.:D

Just like Baldrick wrote.. but my upload was too slow 🤣

I appreciate the input, Alta. The win-loss ratio theory does seem to make sense, and is probably the one I’ve heard most since beginning my inquiries on this matter. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the original post, I’m just not convinced that this is the answer. 

The first problem, as I see it, is that the number for each stage (2, 5, & 10) clearly refers to how many times the achievement’s criterion (whatever it is) must be fulfilled. This is shown by the increasing count at each stage of the achievement (e.g., 1/2; 3/5; 6/10) which shows current progress and awards the given stage’s star after doing “it” that many times. The first star needs 2, second star 5, third star 10 times. For the ratio theory to be correct, the number would have to refer both to the ratio AND number of times achieved, which seems unlikely.

The next issue (again & as always, merely in my opinion), is difficulty. By the ratio theory, the 2nd & 3rd star would require a 5-1 & 10-1 win-loss ratio achieved 5 & 10 times each, respectively; an extremely high threshold to put it mildly! Also this begs the question: at what interval are ratios tabulated? Every two weeks like leaderboard rankings; every day; cumulatively over the player’s entire career? Regardless, since this information isn’t visible to players, there is no way to test the idea. In my opinion, it just seems far too complicated and vague to be the answer.

I really do appreciate the feedback, and apologize if I sound overly critical or harsh. I am in no way an expert or authority; I have no special knowledge to make any of my opinions necessarily accurate. I can only share my thoughts, as I hope many others (and eventually the developer) will also. 

If ever I were to give in and use a certain ubiquitous abbreviation for the first time, this would be it! Instead, I’ll write out the full words and announce that I am, in fact, laughing out loud. Three of us writing basically the same thing simultaneously, only to discover an echo upon posting... just hilarious. I, of course, always have to write a damn novel and hence was not once but twice beaten to the punch.

I can, perhaps, add my experience to Neuner’s point. I too got my 1 of 2 on stage one (where I remain) at the very beginning of a 2 week cycle, right after ranking rewards were given. If it is a ratio, and does start tabulating on that cycle, it should be very easy to test. I look forward to doing so when the current cycles restarts in a day or so.

On 30.11.2017 at 9:30 AM, Saint Deraj said:

[...].I can, perhaps, add my experience to Neuner’s point. I too got my 1 of 2 on stage one (where I remain) at the very beginning of a 2 week cycle, right after ranking rewards were given. If it is a ratio, and does start tabulating on that cycle, it should be very easy to test. I look forward to doing so when the current cycles restarts in a day or so.

Lets pretend there is a counter, it wasnt reset with the tournament cycle this morning. I made three Battles and won them all, but my Master of Mankind is still on 2

Screenshot_20171201-143646.jpg

Screenshot_20171201-143721.jpg

Hi,

I have five captains on level 24. All captains have "Man of Mankind" achievement completed.

Here's what I did:

- I played about 30+ battles each
- I played "Online beginners" only
- I have never lost a battle
- I was attacked and I took damage
- I did average damage (sometimes with no frags at all)
- I played DD, CL

I can not confirm when I received the achievement because I did not check them regularly. I can only confirm that it appeared shortly after receiving the "Terminator" achievement (Play 30 Online battles)

I know that it does not answer your questions, but it may help to identify the requirements.

Edited by Vojtec

Just have a ten strike win after each round of wof reset (at korean time 4:00pm) and can get the achievement.

it will be easier to get in online expert with a strong CA.

Well done Davmak and congrats to finish that one.

Well I guess this achievement is much easier to accomplish for this who started to play when there were beginner and expert battles.

Davmak, have you done that winning series with one ship, or have you changed between your ships?

I can confirm that it's about the ratio. I think the counter resets along with the biweekly score counters. How I came to this conclusion:

On a friday, just after reset, I was playing my cv. I won 7 battles in a row, after each one the counter for the achievement increased by 1 (I checked). After the 7th I lost, and it;s been showing that for a while now. I suspect that if I can get an 8-win streak after next reset it will increase again.

Thanks Ibby, would be interesting to know if it's related to a single ship or the counter would work when changing ships in between.

On 29.1.2018 at 3:25 PM, Ibby said:

I can confirm that it's about the ratio. I think the counter resets along with the biweekly score counters.[...]

I assume you are right. I've finished Master of Mankind with a good winning series with Kaiser last time the rankings got reset.