Ethor98

4.2.X Patch

29 posts in this topic

Hello! We hope you are all very excited about the new content coming to NFM. Below you will find a FAQ as created by Ibby. One of our mod and answered by one of our dev's Mr. Son. I will leave this thread unlocked,that way we can answer any questions that are not included. Thank you and see you in game!!!

1. Q:  How can debris be obtained? Can it be produced?

A:Debris can be obtained from Random box or exchange by gold (1 gold = 1 debris)

2. Q:  What do the different letters (e, d, c, b, a, s) mean?

A: different letters mean ship grade, E < D < C < B < A < S

3.Q:  In the ship overview, the ships are clustered in groups with an amout of gold underneath. Is that a reward for researching them all?

3. A: Yes. reward for researching them all 

5. Q:  Are all French and Italian ships available to every nation? (I can’t seem to find the Richelieu anywhere, for example)

A: Yes. French and Italian ships available to every nation

6. Q: Do the French battleships have AAW capability like in raid?

Some grade BB has AAW

7.   Q: The amount of blueprints shown (for example 19/20) are the limit of the amount of blueprints you can have (in this case 20). Correct?

A: 19/80 means that I can have totally 80 blueprints and I already have 61 blueprints (remains 19 blueprints)

8.  Q:  Is it possible to obtain the same blueprint twice, thus getting a blueprint for a ship that you already have?

A: Yes, it is possible to obtain the same blueprints but can build only once.

And finally the real question... how many ships total will be in the game? The answer. Over 200. Yeah. That's a lot of ships!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Ethor98

Thanks Ethor! I'll add a few pre-answered questions if I may:

As you can see, the game mechanics will change quite a bit. I suggest you start hoarding your resources, because although the research can give you some absolutely epic ships, it can also be quite expensive.

Also, just to be clear: the five existing nations will continue on existing. Research is limited by the nation the research is done in insofar as only the English can research the different grades of the Lion I.

Lastly, special grades of steel ships still cost steel to build. Special versions of premium ships require gold to build. From what I've seen the prices are identical.

So basically, the game will still be centered around the existing 5 nations, which allows players to have 5 different captains. The Italian and French ships are available to everyone, independent of nation, and they can be obtained by researching blueprints.

I wish everyone a lot of fun with the new game (it's quite an overhaul really), I'm personally very stoked for the update!

So if I am 100 level with my Royal Navy account, can I get French and Italian 100 level ships?

Personally, I would have liked completely new nations, but this is better than nothing! I like the tier system though.

By the way, the videos regarding the patch are not available.

Screenshot_20180920-230227.png

Edited by 007

I agree with 007, I would have preferred new nations than "researching" ships. Not sure about the tier system, will see when it is released.

If I already have an original ship(tier B), can I upgrade it to tier A or S by collecting debris ?

Oh. This should not be possible..... I want to delete this comment.....

Edited by 愚蠢的人类

Ships cannot be upgraded to different tiers.

As far as the levels go, all researchable ships are lvl 1. So a Charlemagne is totally a lvl 1 ship ;) If my assumptions are correct this research system will bring a lot of variety in ships to the game.

Oh, and did I mention that some of the new ships are absolutely epic? Like, really epic? I really would like to be able to carry them over from the test server :P

Thank you for the answer

I have started hoarding box. I hope to get updates next Tuesday.

_(:з」∠)_

Is it only in the test server that the blueprint ship is the lv1?(In order to facilitate testing, I guess.)

Edited by 愚蠢的人类

Good question!

All researchable ships will have lvl 1 requirement, but research will be available from lvl 25.

Hola que tal!

Para cuando se incorporaran las nuevas actualizaciones?

Gracias!

The patch will be released next wednesday (september 26th)

Do we have to get 4000 crew XP if we want to get our BBs, CVs and SSs next tier. Totally this would mean 24 000 XP?

Also you may have seen my posts before, put please tell the developers to add CV5s to the game! Shinano for IJN, Midway to USN, etc.

Edited by 007
Oh, you said already that ships can not upgraded to different tiers.

Do tier A and S ship have more than 8 equipment positions?

According to your estimation, how much does a tier S BB6 cost?(time and gold)

In addition to the blueprint ship, are there any new ordinary ships(cost steel and gold) in the five countries?

Sorry, my question is too much...   |・ω・`)

Edited by 愚蠢的人类

Also, will the raid now change so that there won't be only French ships? I think it would be good if the game randomly decides what's the nationality of the enemy. Sometimes, there would be Kaisers, H39s and XXIs, and sometimes Amagis, Yamatos and I400s.

Edited by 007

2 hours ago, 愚蠢的人类 said:

Do tier A and S ship have more than 8 equipment positions?

According to your estimation, how much does a tier S BB6 cost?(time and gold)

In addition to the blueprint ship, are there any new ordinary ships(cost steel and gold) in the five countries?

Sorry, my question is too much...   |・ω・`)

Each ship is different. I will talk to devs to see if a price chart can be created for all ships and tiers. 

Edited by Ethor98

Is it possible for me to have Charlemagne next week? I have over 5000 gold.

5 hours ago, 007 said:

Is it possible for me to have Charlemagne next week? I have over 5000 gold.

Well anything is possible. However you have to keep rolling to see if you get it. I got the alsace top tier on my first roll. :D

Hello. I m korean so I can speak little english. Plz to understand

Questions

1. If I want to get S teir, I have to get more scraps than B/A teir? or the outcome of teir is in random?

2.When I have S teir, is there any benefit of S teir?(such as improve attackdamage or speed)

3. How much is B-A-C teirs?(exchange for gold)

4. Can I get scraps to use steel or oil?If I can. How need steel or oil to exchange a 1 scrap.

Thanks.

23 hours ago, windeye said:

Hello. I m korean so I can speak little english. Plz to understand

Questions

1. If I want to get S teir, I have to get more scraps than B/A teir? or the outcome of teir is in random?

2.When I have S teir, is there any benefit of S teir?(such as improve attackdamage or speed)

3. How much is B-A-C teirs?(exchange for gold)

4. Can I get scraps to use steel or oil?If I can. How need steel or oil to exchange a 1 scrap.

Thanks.

Hello windeye,

1. Scrap cost is the same for every time you do research, namely 20. You can add steel, oil and gold to have a chance of researching higher grade ships.

2. The different tiers offer different increases in stats. I'll post a few pictures of a ship I have in three different tiers for context.

3. You can set an amount of resources that you want to spend on research (0-300k steel, 0-30k oil, 0-500 gold). The more resources you invest, the higher the chance of a higher tier ship being researched. Tiers B, A and S require an investment of gold. HOWEVER, the outcome of research is lottery-based, so spending more is not a guarantee of getting a certain tier ship.

4. You cannot exchange scrap for other resources. You can buy more scrap using gold. Alternatively, selling unwanted blueprints also returns an amount of scrap.

Cheers!

Here's an example of the differences between tiers. The affected stats will vary between ships, and could be anything from upgraded sight range and UK grade armour capabilities to extra turrets, AAW, added flightdecks or added launchers. This means that a B grade Surcouf will have different upgrades from a B grade Type-XXI, but all B grade Surcoufs will be the same.

Oh, and did you know that some ships can now get a (weak) sonar with 3rd FCS upgrade?

Screenshot_2018-09-23-12-08-10-219_ru.tyagunov.nfm.png

Screenshot_2018-09-23-12-08-13-666_ru.tyagunov.nfm.png

Screenshot_2018-09-23-12-08-16-407_ru.tyagunov.nfm.png

Not a good update.

You get random blueprints for resources you spend obtaining debris itself is a chore. I opened 10 boxes and didn't get any.

Reduce the RNG and allow us to choose which ship blueprint we want to research.

11 hours ago, Procrastinatorx37 said:

Not a good update.

You get random blueprints for resources you spend obtaining debris itself is a chore. I opened 10 boxes and didn't get any.

Reduce the RNG and allow us to choose which ship blueprint we want to research.

I already discussed this with other players and have passed it onto our devs. Thank you!

It’s a joke that we spent thousand of golds for premium ships that a BB60 is just a D grade, CV79 just C grade and BB120 just B grade. And they are making new ships even stronger then the OP Provence. Another example how the company degrade old players’ effort to value their new products.

The new grading system has made gold to ashes and broken your loyal players’ hearts.

Edited by Davmak

I could write down a lot of reasons why I don't like this "update", but I think some veteran captains who has spend a good amount of time playing like I do, have already expressed their concerns about some of those reasons I don't like either.

To summarize my huge disappointment, I will post 2 pictures:

20180927_080802.thumb.jpg.08b5fd65ee60e7e3270f981769db20a3.jpg20180927_080816.thumb.jpg.d44dff75fa5ad1c1a5a5301c00c350d1.jpg

Degrading my ships, those in who I had to spend a lot of time and money on it, simply to boost the value of this new totally random lucky draw system.. shame.